MBM compatibility issue

Hi,

On my desktop I'm running vista64 and FSIS2012 which was upgraded from FSIS2011 leaving my free copy of MBM untouched.

Today I upgraded to FSIS2012 on my my laptop running WIN7/64, this time during the upgrade MBM was uninstalled.

How come this happened - is it safe to reinstall MBM on my laptop - should MBM be removed from my desktop?

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

And MBM is ....

• jinky
    jinky Posts: 5

@MJ-perComp wrote:

And MBM is ....

LOL - sorry not MBM but MBAM MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Two Anti-Malware programms can cause race conditions, locks and other problems, esp when an active component is included in both.

You can give it a try. If a problem appears you need to uninstall it again (maybe in safe mode).

BR

• jinky
    jinky Posts: 5

@MJ-perComp wrote:

Two Anti-Malware programms can cause race conditions, locks and other problems, esp when an active component is included in both.

You can give it a try. If a problem appears you need to uninstall it again (maybe in safe mode).

BR

OK thanks - I just thought it odd that the install on the desktop (vista64) didn't uninstall MBAM !

• celavey
    celavey Posts: 34 Observer

It would be better to try it on 32bit. I am running Windows 7 32bit and everything is perfect.image

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info