MBM compatibility issue

Highlighted
Scholar

MBM compatibility issue

Hi,

On my desktop I'm running vista64 and FSIS2012 which was upgraded from FSIS2011 leaving my free copy of MBM untouched.

Today I upgraded to FSIS2012 on my my laptop running WIN7/64, this time during the upgrade MBM was uninstalled.

How come this happened - is it safe to reinstall MBM on my laptop - should MBM be removed from my desktop?

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser

Re: MBM compatibility issue

And MBM is ....

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Scholar

@MJ-perComp wrote:

And MBM is ....

LOL - sorry not MBM but MBAM MalwareBytes Anti-Malware

Superuser

Two Anti-Malware programms can cause race conditions, locks and other problems, esp when an active component is included in both.

You can give it a try. If a problem appears you need to uninstall it again (maybe in safe mode).

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Scholar

@MJ-perComp wrote:

Two Anti-Malware programms can cause race conditions, locks and other problems, esp when an active component is included in both.

You can give it a try. If a problem appears you need to uninstall it again (maybe in safe mode).

BR

OK thanks - I just thought it odd that the install on the desktop (vista64) didn't uninstall MBAM !

Scholar

It would be better to try it on 32bit. I am running Windows 7 32bit and everything is perfect.