Lost internet connection

First a few pop-ups appeared suddenly asking me to allow Google Chrome, which I did. After that I have blocked a suspicious application that appeared in a pop-up as well soon after. Since then I lost my internet connection. Cannot connect using any of my browsers or applications like iTunes or Dropbox for example. How can I reverse what I have done or any tips with restoring internet connection? My wifi connection works fine for my iPad, so the problem is definitely on my PC. I am on Windows 7 using f-secure. Thank you.

Comments

• DancerWeb
    DancerWeb Posts: 3
    I have turned off application control for now and set HTTP Proxy to No HTTP Proxy. It solved the problem. Not sure if this is the right thing to do and how vulnerable my internet security is with these settings.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello DancerWeb,

Have you tried to run a full scan on your system? What is the status of your F-Secure product?

Also from a connectivity point of view, you might want to go through the following article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/jj649373.aspx

• DancerWeb
    DancerWeb Posts: 3

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your response. The only thing that helped is turning off the application control in F-Secure. It seems like there is a conflict between the Chrome and F-secure latest updates.

• EmilL
    EmilL Posts: 16 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello

What F-secure product are you using, also what version?

You can right click on the F-secure icon under hidden icons and select "about"

Br

Emil

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info