Laptop unusably slow with Internet Security 2012 switched on

Scholar

Laptop unusably slow with Internet Security 2012 switched on

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Internet Security 2012 installed.  Up until about 4 or 5 days ago it was working fine.  Now the machine is unusably slow, and there is constant disk activity (but very low processor usage).  If I turn Computer Security off it's fine again.  Whilst it was off I checked for F-secure updates and one was installed.  But the machine is still the same when I turn Computer Security on again.

Any ideas?  Should I completely reinstall Internet Security?

6 REPLIES 6
Superuser

Re: Laptop unusably slow with Internet Security 2012 switched on

Hi,

create a diagostics, while the problem appears and submit a support request.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Scholar

If I can get the machine to actually respond, I will!  But it is absolutely crawling along whilst computer security is on.  Also, Windows Action Centre is reporting that virus protection is off, when in fact it is on - is this relevant I wonder?

Scholar

Ok, I've just spent an hour and a half generating the report, created a support ticket and all I got was an error page back from the f-secure site.  Tried twice and got the same result.

I've spent the whole day on this now and I'm very close to just removing f-secure and putting something else in its place.

Scholar

Update - I eventually uninstalled F-Secure completely and re-installed.  It's now working fine - fingers crossed it stays that way!

Scholar

Hi, It is nice to hear that again it started working

God never made his work for man to mend
Highlighted
MG
Aspirant

Dear ,

Simply reinstall the F-Secure IS 2012 it will work fine.