Laptop unusably slow with Internet Security 2012 switched on

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Internet Security 2012 installed.  Up until about 4 or 5 days ago it was working fine.  Now the machine is unusably slow, and there is constant disk activity (but very low processor usage).  If I turn Computer Security off it's fine again.  Whilst it was off I checked for F-secure updates and one was installed.  But the machine is still the same when I turn Computer Security on again.

Any ideas?  Should I completely reinstall Internet Security?

Comments

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Hi,

create a diagostics, while the problem appears and submit a support request.

BR

• If I can get the machine to actually respond, I will!  But it is absolutely crawling along whilst computer security is on.  Also, Windows Action Centre is reporting that virus protection is off, when in fact it is on - is this relevant I wonder?

• Ok, I've just spent an hour and a half generating the report, created a support ticket and all I got was an error page back from the f-secure site.  Tried twice and got the same result.

I've spent the whole day on this now and I'm very close to just removing f-secure and putting something else in its place.

• Update - I eventually uninstalled F-Secure completely and re-installed.  It's now working fine - fingers crossed it stays that way!

• nayan007
    nayan007 Posts: 41 Observer

Hi, It is nice to hear that again it started working

• MG
    MG Posts: 9

Dear ,

Simply reinstall the F-Secure IS 2012 it will work fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info