Key not working

got a message from F-secure that is was time to refresh my anti-virus so i got a new key but when i try to enter it it says check if its correct, i got a pdf and the payment went through but i did not get a email. i would need help to resovle this problem...

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

This concern should be possible to sort out with direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat/phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

chat is available on current minute;

As my own unofficial suggestions:

--> Did you try to 're-type' license-key (and not 'copy it')? As potential trouble with 'copied' license-key (more characters/or something else).

--> Did you refresh your F-Secure solution with meanings - that your fresh license-key still about your solution (like F-Secure AV/F-Secure IS) and that 'letter from F-Secure" was not about another more up-to-date F-Secure solution (like F-Secure SAFE) with certain promo/discount or just as 'upgrade' your subscription solution? Does it visible under 'letter from F-Secure' or payment information?

So, good to known what is your F-Secure solution (F-Secure AV, F-Secure Internet Security, F-Secure SAFE or something else?).

--> Potential double check that 'letter from F-Secure' from F-Secure. If you did not mean notification or reminder under F-Secure software directly.

--> Potentially possible that fresh license-key too much 'fresh' and possible to activate it.. for example... with next day only.

Thanks!

• John-B97
    John-B97 Posts: 3 New Member

Thanks for quick response!

i did try to manualy enter my key but still did not work i also attemted to reinstall the program, i got a e-mail when you responed now so that is working atleast. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

If you did not mean that situation is sorted (because -> probably your words with meanings that 'mail-notifiticatin about community activities' received by you; and not about 'that subscription-related letter received finally'):

I able to think that if after some time/hours your fresh license-key will be still with 'stuck'-status (as 'wrong'-key during input it) -> most speedy step to sort it -> direct F-Secure Support channels (chat as example). Because Support with certified abilities and knowledge about.

Also if will be required help under community -> maybe good to known what is your F-Secure solution:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Common-topics/How-can-I-find-out-what-F-Secure/ta-p/87491

If your experience about F-Secure AV or F-Secure IS (steps about F-Secure SAFE also valid for AV/IS). It can be useful - because can be different potential troubles or workarounds.

And where your tried to input license-key -- platform/system (OS). For example, if there is system-based trouble.

Currently, I able to think that can be many different reasons/explanation. And good start from something as recheck that license-key is valid (and possible to activate it already), license-key is supposed to your F-Secure solution/software (where you tried it to input). This things known for official F-Secure Staff (and their Support) and I'm also only user of F-Secure software (not a F-Secure staff). So, my replies only as unofficial suggestions and tries to help.

Thanks!

• John-B97
    John-B97 Posts: 3 New Member

Thanks for all the imformation got the e-mails and evrything now and will contact support about getting this sorted out tomorrow.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi John-B97,

As Ukko has suggested, you may contact our support for getting the subscription checked.

However, if you would like to get any further help, please let us know the following:

1. F-Secure Product installed on your computer - is it F-Secure Internet Security or F-Secure Anti-Virus?

2. Is the license renewed for the same product as in your computer?

Our support team may also be able to check your subscription details immediately and guide you further.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info