Is the Chat with F-Secure Expert working?

martink
martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Is the Chat with F-Secure Expert working?

Chat_0.JPG

Tried that on a couple of days with the same result.

Chat.JPG

Comments

• Parham
    Parham Posts: 103 Enthusiast

Hi Martink,

this morning i had a Chat Support, it's working fine.

do you use VPN? disconnection may be because of your internet connection speed/quality

at least for me whenever i have a low speed chat get disconnect.

anyway i will tag @Laksh to see what does he think about this

• martink

Would you believe I use Freedome and the speed ain't anything fancy.

I can understand the disconnection after waiting for a couple of hours  for the technician.

Will try without Freedome on a faster connection.

Are you saying with a faster connection you do get a response from a technician?

I did not get any response.

• Parham
    Parham Posts: 103 Enthusiast

no it's not on Tech Support. when you have lower connection speed, it's pretty normal that you get disconnect, but still wait for Laksh or other F-Secure Staffs answer.

and FreeDome should not slow down your connection speed, i think it's about something else as i said wait for another response probably tomorrow morning we'll have a response from Laksh.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi martink,

Our chat should be working as usual. Sorry to hear about the long waiting time in chat.

You might have tried to connect at a busy time, hence the timeout. Despite the message, the sessions are timing out but nobody actually physically terminate them.

Can we help you to resolve the challenge you are facing here in our community? You may also get support by contacting our agents via phone.

• martink

Thanks Laksh, I was out today and could not try it.

Previously, as you can see from the time stamp, I've tried very early.

I do not do calls to support, because then I am doing the service of waiting and not getting it and secondly I have to be there the whole time from initiating the call to getting the answer.

The issue is a code which I got bundled with a Safe package. The code is supposed to be for 6 months for Safe for one user. I do not have any record of having used that, but I get the message that it is not valid.

I  wanted to ask if you can tell whether the code is unused and valid. Don't want to post it here.

• Laksh

Hi martink,

If you can private message me the code, I can check on that status of that. May I know from where did you get your 6 months code for SAFE?

• martink

Thanks Laksh,

Now I know I have used it.

Just tried chat again with a faster connection and no VPN.

No technician after ten minutes.

• martink

Thanks again Laksh,

I've closed the browser since then so I don't know how could I go back to the session to check.

Definitely there is a problem, but everything else seems to be working OK so I do not know how to check the connections.

Anyway you already answere my question which I wanted to ask the tecnician, thank you.

• martink

Correction

I did have the session still open.

Chat_1.JPG

Apparently I was just too hasty to quit after 10 minutes.

Chat is working.

• Laksh

Glad to know I was helpful and your query is resolved! Smiley Happy

Edited my reply as I just saw your last post.

• martink

I do have another bunch of codes. I'd like to know if they are are valid.

Is the proper way to contact support of send another private message  to https://community.f-secure.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/24565

• Laksh

Hi martink,

The best way is to get in touch with our support team via chat/phone as they are the ones who can check it for you. However, I will now escalate this post to our support guys so that they can check the license keys.

• martink

Thanks Laksh

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info