Is F-Secure SAFE alone enough ?

Another post recently raised the point of F-Secure Safe conflicting with installation of Malwarebytes.

Does this indicate that FSS requires the addition of an Anti-Malware programme to really make it safe ?

I have run a few different Internet Security suites to provide cover for online banking in particular but never considered adding further protection.  Do I need to do this ?

Much appreciate advices, thanks.

Comments

• redvet
    redvet Posts: 40 Explorer

Thanks for the useful response Simon. I am probably returning to FS when the Emisoft trial I have running expires.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Out of curiosity, how did you find Emsisoft?

• redvet

I am no expert so not sure I can offer enough information.  As you probably have guessed my main concern for cover has been for online banking and with Emisoft it was the first time I have departed from the visual 'bank safe addition' as provided by FSS, KIS, Bitdefender etc.  I am having absolutely no problem with Emisoft, its light on my system and I have received super advice  about browser and add-ons from Emisoft. If I don't continue after the trial it will only be to have the bank safe back again, though many posts elsewhere say it is just a cosmetic thing.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I believe they do a stand-alone anti-malware product, as well as the full Internet Security Suite, so I was wondering if the anti malware product would run alongside F-Secure as a possible replacement for Malwarebytes, should the current conflict issues not be resolved soon.

Has anyone else tried this combination?

• redvet

They also have Emisoft Emergency Malware Kit 12 free.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info