Is F-Secure 2009 safe browsing with today?

Novice

Is F-Secure 2009 safe browsing with today?

I were provided with a copy of F-Secure 2009 from my internet provider. According to the program the latest malware list updates is installed. Is it safe to use this antivirus now or should I get another program?

14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager

Re: Is F-Secure 2009 safe browsing with today?

F-Secure Internet Security 2009 is no longer supported. You should contact your internet service provider and ask for a more recent version of the software.

Superuser

Hi,

just download 2012 and install  it on top the subscription is still valid!

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Tags (1)
Scholar

F secure is the best AV program you can get, as long as it still updates, you are good.

Supporter

@MJ-perComp wrote:

Hi,

just download 2012 and install  it on top the subscription is still valid!

BR

Hi BR, I tried your suggestion, as my ISP is also using the version 9.0 When it got to the point of Registering the product key, it did show the product key from Charter in ghost text, but never registered it. I waited for about 10-12 minutes and ended up in "X"ing out of it, and did not receive a pop up error.

Should I try uninstalling the Charter version and installing the F-Secure Store version (I have the trial version installer) and inserting the Charter key when asked, or will it not be recognized by F-Secure's servers, as the key came from, or is embedded with the Charter Suite?

I suppose I could just try it to see what happens, but this software takes so long to install, and on this PC, I really don't want to do allot of installing/uninstalling, even if I create a System Restore point.

Thanks for yours, or anybody else's help. Smiley Happy

Superuser

Hi,

the "Charter" key will not work with ANY F-Secure Internet Security.

Please ask Charter, when they will have a new Version based on FSIS2012.

B(est)R(egards)

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Supporter

Thanks BR for your help.  I'll just leave it as is, for now.

Supporter

lol  Smiley Very Happy  Thanks MJ, for helping me out (BR)  Smiley Wink

Scholar

Well... I'm glad I stumbled upon this question and answer. I also have Charter Communications and it has offered me the F-Secure Internet Security Suite but evidently it is an older build with an older engine. Nice. When I asked them what version they had, they told me they couldn't determine it but that I should come and ask the F-Secure team here. Nice, eh?!

Highlighted
Scholar

If you have already have installed Fsecure in your system,then you probably can see the build from going to about Fsecure

God never made his work for man to mend