Internet Security 2013 & POP3 Mail

I've just upgraded to Internet Security 2013 and my e-mail has now stopped downloading.

Both my regular client - Windows Live - and another client - Thunderbird - both have the same problem.

The error code returned by Windows Live is 0x800ccc19 - server not responding.

I've checked that it is not a problem with my ISP or home router, by running a mail client on a separate Linux machine - this downloads e-mails without problem.

I've pretty much isolated the problem to Internet Security 2013 - if I un-install it, the e-mails download.  When I re-install it, the e-mail is broken again.

Turning off all security settings, but leaving Internet Security installed, does not cure the problem

The affected PC is running Windows 7 (64-bit)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi peter_knight_99,

With regards to your problem, kindly go to Internet Security 2013 Settings page and follow the steps below:-

1. Click on DeepGuard.

2. Click on change application permission at left, bottom.

3. If you happen to see your email services are being monitored kindly remove it.

Please try the steps provided above and let us know if it works. Do contact us again should you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

"Trying makes you a creator"
  • Thanks for that.

I've had a look, and the application is not listed, so your fix doesn't change anything.

Regards

• [Deleted User]

Hi peter_knight_99,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

"Trying makes you a creator"
  • [Deleted User]

Hi Peter_knight_99

It seems spam filtering doesn't work in case IPv6 is enabled.

Please follow the steps as below to disable the IPV6 in your network so that it will not interfere with the F-Secure components:

http://www.informationweek.com/byte/personal-tech/desktop-operating-systems/how-to-disable-ipv6-on-windows-7/231400022

After that please open up the F-Secure Launch Pad->Computer Security->Settings->

1. Virus and Spyware->Remove harmful email attachments (Put tick on the box)

2. Switch ON Spam filtering

Then try to resend the email using your Outlook. Please update us if the issue still persist.

Andy

• I have same problem. Did all as you adwise lately, untick IPv6, tick Virus and Spyware->Remove harmful email attachments, switch on Spam filtering.... it doesn,t work. Before that I removed F-secure with the tools your adwiser sent  to me and install new F-secure internet security 2013. I have Windows 7, 64 bit, 3g wireless internet. Using Windows Live Mail fore emails.

Have no problem with Internet Explorer, just Windows Live Mail. When I click on mail program, only one mail get downloaded very slowly, then long time nothing till pops up information...Windows Live Error ID: 0x800CCC0F, Port: 110, secure (SSL): No

Do not vories about fixing it, I'll buy Kaspersky internet security. John

• [Deleted User]

Hi John,

Thank you for feedback, the error that you receive is difference from Peter_Knight_99, the issue does not seems to be similar situation.

Please update us does disable Spam and phishing filtering help?

F-Secure Internet Security 2013 > Computer Security > Status > Spam and phishing filtering = Off

If disable the Spam and phishing filtering and you still face the same situation we suggest that you open a support ticket with us.

Open a Support Ticket:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Andy

• Hello Andy, I disabled the spam and fishing filtering, it didn't help, then i disabled all internet security and it didn't help. After I removed F-secure from my computer  I was able to download my emails. I will not open a support ticket with you becose I removed F-secure internet security 2013 from my computer, this time is the third time. It looks like your program 2013 doesn't work with Windows Live mail. I had no problem with F-secure 2012. For time beeing I am using Microsoft essential with no problem and later on I'll get another paid internet security which works with my emails program. I cannot wait for days without emails till you be able to fix the problem. 

John  

• Hi,

I've tried disabling IPv6 as directed - and this has not cured the problem.

Regards

• JSTA
    JSTA Posts: 3

I have the same Problem. But when I turn off / shut down all security features (in Tab TOOL) e-mail receive works again.

• [Deleted User]

Hi JSTA,

Please create a support ticket with us on support. We will send you the hotfix to resolve the following situation.

Andy

• JSTA

Hi Andy,

I already opened a ticket. But they only advised me the some with IPv6 ......    :-(

Now I search a way to get back to version 2012.

• [Deleted User]

Hi JSTA,

I will check into this case and will keep you posted. Thank you for your patient.

Andy

• etomcat
    etomcat Posts: 147 Superuser

> Andy: I have update from our R&D regarding on this issue, we have created a hotfix for the following situation. We would like you to try. Please open a support ticket with us and refer to this community link we will send you the hotfix. The hotfix is not release to public for now <

Hello,

What is the situation with this 3 weeks old hotfix? Has it been released to public by now or pushed to customers generally via the AUA channel?

Kind Regards: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

• JSTA

Meanwhile I got some msg from suport, but no solution and no answer for my questions. What I got is an instruction to produce some diagnostic data. But If I install this update I cannot receive any emails without stpping AntiVirus and this realy not a good situation. Therfore I had to go back to the old version. But how can I do that ? There is no software available now to install version 2012 !!!! So I did a restore of my PC completly and got in big troubles. After a long day of work I had my old state working. But now I realy do not again try something with this update just for producing some diag data.

I only would do that when I got a simple solution to delete version 2013 and reinstall 2012 !

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 120 F-Secure Product Expert

Hi JSTA,

I already took over handling your support ticket. Please check my mail and answer it. Thanks.

Regarding installing IS2012 again: This is not possible anymore, as the Installer will automatically download and install IS2013. But the Hotfix mentioned by my colleagures proved to solve these issues. If it doesn't solve the problem for you, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info