Installing Internet security on home computer for the first time

Options
Installation seems to stop on 96%, any suggestions please?!!

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Options

Are you coming from Virgin Media Security, or another security product?  If so, you need to make sure the previously installed product is completely removed from the machine before starting the F-Secure installation.  You can find more info on uninstalling VMS here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/Installing-F-Secure-after-Virgin-Media-Security/td-p/2038886

Or if you have / had another security product installed, you'll find a list of Uninstallation Tools by clicking the link.

• Pc51
    Pc51 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, thanks for replying, yes I have come from virgin media security and have completely removed the previous program's! I have installed the f-secure package on my daughter's laptop which has been a success !
  • Simon
    Options

In that case, I would suggest running the VMS Uninstaller again, just to check nothing was left behind, then, if necessary, run the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool, then start the F-Secure installation again.

If none of the above works, then you'll need to submit a support ticket to F-Secure, with an attached FSDIAG, which should give them some help in diagnosing the installation issue.  You can download and run the Support Tool from here:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/fsdiag/fsdiag.zip

That will create a zip file on your Desktop, which you can then attach to the support ticket, from here:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

Good luck, and let us know how things go.  :)

• Pc51
    Options
    Thanks Simon ,will try that, although have gone down that route once already, to no avail!!! Cheers!
  • Simon
    Options
    It's likely that F-Secure isn't liking something on your PC, and as a last resort, Support will have you restore Windows, so if you don't want to go down that road, you need to eliminate any other possibilities, like previous security software (anti virus / anti malware apps) which may have been installed on the machine.

Also, check Windows Updates and install any updates which may be pending, as they can sometimes stall an F-Secure installation.
  • Pc51
    Options
    Thanks Simon , will try! Will let you know when I win! Regards,Pete.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info