Installation Failed

Novice

Installation Failed

i have facing the problem which is i have format the notebook and try to re-install back the F-secure internet security, but its shown installation Failed.

after that, i try to update windows (Windows 7 version) and try again, its also can not re-install?

(my software is Internet security 3 years, its still valid)

Any solution can suggest to me?

Thanks for advise.

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser

Re: Installation Failed

Hello,

One option is try to use F-Secure Uninstallation Tool before further try to install F-Secure Internet Security.

Possible to try both of them (and restart system before try to install F-Secure IS).

Also it is good to know things like:

-> does Windows 7 with SP1 installed already (after your tries)?

-> with which step installation is stopped? Right after launch executable installer file? Or after some seconds/minutes of work?

-> also does your notebook is formatted or kind of 'restore to first state'? If second option - does there any pre-installled third-party security solutions? If yes - maybe it is good option to try uninstall them not only by 'common' steps, but also with using their own specific uninstallation tools.

Thanks!

Superuser

Hello,

Just as an addition and just because your topic is under Home Security Beta Programs board.

Today I tried to install FS Protection (kind of F-Secure ISTP / beta) under Windows 7 and it was not possible to do it.

Reason is inability to connect to certain F-Secure domain and resource.

With my understanding - situation is not pinned to Windows 7 (and resource is not available even with Windows 10). 

Maybe your experience is about something related to it. What if you tried to install FS Protection (rather then F-Secure IS) too; or if it is common trouble for their solutions.

In general, I created report about it - but if it is common trouble -> such situation should be known already.

Thanks!

// I found that there are some potential internal troubles with network connections (or configuration of network); so, likely that it is not a common trouble.

Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

@ShaneP wrote:

Same issue as mine but i am facing this on the latest windows 10 update 1803. dont know whats wrong.

Does it also about F-Secure Internet Security and "Installation Failed"-notification result?

Or with some differences?

Thanks!

Hey,

This question should most likely be moved to Consumer Security/F-Secure SAFE section since this thread doesn't really concern the beta product.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for the highlight, @nanonyme. I have now moved the post to the right board.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.