INSTALL PROBLEM

Fur
Scholar

INSTALL PROBLEM

TRYING TO INSTALL F-SECURE ON MY DESKSTOP BUT CAN'T GET BEYOND LANGUAGE SELECTION. THE NEXT TAB IS MISSING!

21 REPLIES 21
Superuser

Re: INSTALL PROBLEM

Are you migrating from Virgin Media Security, or from another security product?  You need to fiully remove your previous security software before installing F-Secure.

If that's not the issue, then please provide more details, such as which operating system, and which version of F-Secure you're trying to install.

Fur
Scholar

Thanks will try uninstalling Virgin Media. I managed to download F-Secure to my laptop but having problems with my Deskstop which runs WINDOWS XP.

Superuser
Fur
Scholar

Have uninstalled VMS but still can't get beyond language selection. The Install Now button appears to be missing from the screenshot.

Superuser

Not being funny, but have you actually selected the language, and ticked any T&C boxes needed prior to installation?   Sorry if that's a bit basic, but sometimes we overlook the obvious.  :)

My only other suggestion would be to run the VMS uninstallation tool (again?), as can be found here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/Virgin-Media-Security-10-FAQ/td-p/910393

Then start again from scratch with F-Secure.

I assume you haven't any other security software installed on the machine that runs in real time?

Scholar

I am a total techno thicko. Just got an iPad air and trying to put f-secure on through my virgin account, I am clicking download from f secure site from my iPad message says safari unable to download, my f secure account shows device but nowhere on my iPad can I find any sign of protection, any thoughts.....
Superuser

Sorry, I'm not great with tablets, but are you sure you're clicking the correct install link to install on Apple iOS?
Scholar

Have had a look there are only 3 install options windows, Apple Mac tried that but it's only for laptop/PC and mobile which is one I am trying... Take pity on me lol
Superuser

Sorry, I'm about as much in the dark as you are here, but does the mobile option give any further options, such as iOS or android?