I can not get Mac Anti-Virus to Uninstall please help!

Highlighted

I can not get Mac Anti-Virus to Uninstall please help!

I have tried the regular installer several times and it fails and I want to try the ISTP program and participate in that. I then just ran the support about five minutes ago and I colllected all the good or bad informaton and please someone else take a look at it and let me know what I am doing wrong. I made another post about my failed manual uninstall. I can not find that. I guess the post was that. Please help anyone in that I really would like to be in the ISTP program for Macs. Thank you guys so much in advance :).

Rich

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate

Re: I can not get Mac Anti-Virus to Uninstall please help!

Your previous post is probably awaiting moderation, and so is the image you uploaded Smiley Sad

But I got it on mail and to me it looks like you're in the the wrong directory when trying to execute the uninstall command. Try with full path:

sudo /usr/local/f-secure/bin/uninstall_MacProtection

3 REPLIES 3

I am very sorry guys. I can not attach the  FS Support tool diagnostic file which I forgot so here are verbose files which I hope you can forgive me for posting and some screenshots.

UninstallError.tiff

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Advocate

Your previous post is probably awaiting moderation, and so is the image you uploaded Smiley Sad

But I got it on mail and to me it looks like you're in the the wrong directory when trying to execute the uninstall command. Try with full path:

sudo /usr/local/f-secure/bin/uninstall_MacProtection

Thank you so much NikK I gave you one kudos because that is all I can give you but I want to say Thank you so very much for that help. When the built in uninstaller kept failing and I turned to the boards your commandline advice when typed exactly did the trick :). A really nice line of verbose CLI uninstalled. I have installed the  Macintosh Safe Anywhere ISTP successfully and I have already found some bugs to report on. Would not have worked without the community and you guys Thanks,

Rich