How to uninstall f-secure mobile security

Hello,as explained on subject, i want to remove mobile security from my nokia e7 belle.

Tried lots of things, but none of them worked. pc-suite manager wont remove it, phone f-secure icon with remove option wont do the trick.

I stopped the application but still cant remove it, please advice me how to do it proberly.

Thank you,

Sepesusi

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Sepesusi,

To uninstall F-Secure Mobile Security for Symbian OS:

Method 1: From the Application Manager
    - Menu > Applications or Installations (depending on device) > Application Manager.
    - Select Mobile Security.
    - Select Options > Remove.

Method 2: From Application Mgr > Installed apps.
    - Menu > Settings > Application Mgr. > Installed apps.

This will start the uninstallation of the product, please restart your mobile phone after the program uninstalled.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Thanks for the reply. But i tried those both before asking for help. Uninstallation failed comes from both. Now when i try to start the application, it says system error. Do i really have to hard reset my phone to get rid of this? Its anti-theft mobile security. All info appreciated. Sepesusi
  • problem solved. Downloaded fresh mobile security, installed it and after that, uninstallation were succesful. Thanks for your efforts anyway. Sepesusi
  • Hina
    Hina Posts: 1
    DOWNLOAD FRESH MOBILE SECURITY FROM WHERE?
  • Sepesusi
    Sepesusi Posts: 4

Try download section on top of this page? scroll down and it's there.

:)

Sepe

• ananya
    ananya Posts: 1
    How to delelat my f secure mobile security
  • zakir
    zakir Posts: 1

Hi.iwant remove fsecoure frome my nokia E5 mobiel
  • [Deleted User]

Hello Zakir,

Please refer to Jayson's post above for instructions for Symbian devices.

Thank you.

• I already did that and it works,the problem is that i want to remove it completly from my mobile.i´m using an LG P-990 thanks for your help

• i have same problem tell me how to uninstall

• [Deleted User]

In LG phones preinstalled Mobile Security application can't be removed without rooting the device. This is the way that the device manufacturer has decided to implement it.

• Ihsan
    Ihsan Posts: 1

I forget my password for F-secure how can i delete or uninstall this please support if you can

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

There are instructions to remove the product from Symbian and Android phones in this thread.  This is to remove from Android:

@Jagadesan wrote:
    I assume you are looking for steps on how to uninstall the product in Android phone if not please do give us more information on your operating system. The steps below are meant for Android version. The Mobile Security or Anti-Theft client application cannot be uninstalled through the application manager. This is an operating system feature which is related to the use of certain system functionalities. To uninstall F-Secure Mobile Security from Android 2.2 devices, do as follows:

1. Open Settings > Location and security.
    2. Scroll down to Device administration and tap Select device administrators.
    3. Under Device administrators, uncheck the application.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

And this is to remove from Symbian:

@Jayson wrote:

To uninstall F-Secure Mobile Security for Symbian OS:

Method 1: From the Application Manager
    - Menu > Applications or Installations (depending on device) > Application Manager.

Method 2: From Application Mgr > Installed apps.
    - Menu > Settings > Application Mgr. > Installed apps.

This will start the uninstallation of the product, please restart your mobile phone after the program uninstalled.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• hello, I have Nokia 808 with Symbian Belle, had followed all descriptions here to uninstall the Mobile Security (7.00, 17210 version) but it doesn't works. Always error... It's very annoying situation for me because the program doesn't works anymore and moreover occasionally I experience collision when trying to connect to web. Please help!

thank you,

dan

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

Don't know if this would help, but here's a FAQ for s60: http://mobile.f-secure.com/business/businessfaqs60.html

To contact support:

Support Request

Online Chat  

Call Support

• no, sorry, no help in these FAQs... does anybody have any more idea (exept phone reset)?

thanks a lot,

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

As suggested before I think you should contact support. It may take a few days for them to respond so you might as well do that right away.

Unless you get any more advice here, support is the best option.

PS. Have you tried these tips? http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/F-Secure-coming-with-Belle-How-to-remove/td-p/1315597

The "long press" sounds promising.

• used long press even before, doesn't work, even when I had closed the app and then tried to uninstall,

I've contacted the support already, waiting their answer,

thank you for your endeavour

• hello,

the answer from F-Secure Customer Care:

With regards to your enquiry, if the F-Secure program is built into the firmware itself, it cannot be removed or uninstalled. For assistance in this matter, it would be best to contact Nokia directly as they may have another method to removing it from your device.

• Homoud
    Homoud Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. I am not sure if there has been post for Galaxy S5 (Android ver. 4.4.2). Just in case there isn't , I am posting the steps I followed. it worked seamlessly:
    - Setting>>Security>>Device administration
    - Uncheck F-secure
    - Deactivate
    - Application Manager>>>Uninstall
    - Restar the device
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info