How to reinstall F-Secure SAFE for Windows

Issue:

If for example F-Secure SAFE is malfunctioning, you may be able to rectify the issue by simply reinstalling the product.

Resolution:

Important: Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported by Microsoft and F-Secure. Therefore, the steps below is not applicable to Windows XP or Vista computers.

You can re-install F-Secure SAFE without uninstalling the old version.

1. Log into your My F-Secure account: https://my.f-secure.com/login
    • ​​​If you are unable to access the account or forgot your password, click on the Forgot Password option and type in your email address for a reset link to be sent.
  2. Select the device name that you wish to reinstall and click Release License.
  3. A page will appear to confirm the action. Click on Release License. The license is now removed. 
  4. Click Add device.
  5. Choose My deviceMy child's Device or Someone else's device
  6. Select the device type (the system recognizes your device type by default) and click on Download for Windows.
  7. Once the download is completed, run the F-Secure Safe Network installer.
  8. When the installer launches, click Accept and Install
The installation will uninstall the previous version/installation an will require a restart. The process usually takes a few minutes or so, and once installed, your computer is protected.

If you are not able to reinstall:
If you are experiencing issues with the reinstallation, you may need to use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to remove the problematic installation. Follow the steps in the link below: Once done, repeat steps 1-8 as indicated above.

Article no: 000001141

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure SAFE product page

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
a month ago
Updated by:

Labels (3)