How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC - for Virgin Media customers

Superuser

Re: How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC - for Virgin Media customers

Can you confirm what sorted it? It might help if others have the same issue in the future.
kid
Scholar

I thought I had cracked it and I got it downloaded however I have now been emailed that my trial subscription has now ran out and they want me to buy a new subscription I have tried to contact f secure customer services

Superuser

It seems that the emails may not always be correct,  When does it say your subscription is valid till in your SAFE Portal?

kid
Scholar

It says first of feb
Superuser

If you registered for F-Secure SAFE via the link in your Virgin Portal, as per this Sticky Topic then I can only suggest you send in a Suppprt Request.  There have been other occurrences of this recently, but I can't remember what the outcomes were, and I'm on a mobile at the moment, so can't use the Search facility.

kid
Scholar

I'm going to phone their customer services tommorow tried today but it's only open mon friday. Thanks anyway I will post the result although I fear they will expect to be paid
Superuser

Well, if you're entitled to the free year, then you shouldn't have to pay. It's probably just a glitch with the license. Hope you get sorted.
Superuser

Not sure if it will be of any help, but there's another thread on this issue here:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/Virgin-Licence-expired/m-p/42079/highlight/true#M7788

Seems the advice is the same - to contact Support.
Scholar

I cannot install F secure on my system.  My windows defender and windows firewall are on - is that preventing it?  I think I have removed all other security on the computer

Superuser

I think F-Secure would autiomatically disable Windows Defender, but it uses Windows Firewall itself, so that should be on anyway.  Are you getting any error messages?  The following may help:

If you're coming from Virgin Media, you need to read this thread on how to remove VMS. It will contain the link to the Virgin Media Removal Tool which you should run before installing F-Secure.

You should also make sure that you have fully removed all other 'active', ie 'real time' anti-virus products from your machine, other than those which are certified compatible, such as Malwarebytes.. This list of Uninstallation Tools may help.

Further, check Windows Updates, and install any pending updates, as these have been known to stall an F-Secure installation.

If none of the above apply, then try using the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to fully remove anything which may have been partially installed, and start again.