How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC - for Virgin Media customers

Superuser

Re: How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC - for Virgin Media customers

That sounds a better system.

Thanks for the update, Stephan.
Advocate

Stephan, thanks for that great explanation! I had no idea.

I don't think any of us frequent "Contributors" uses SAFE, so no wonder there were confusion.

Scholar

The only left over problem from the baddly handled change over from Virginmedia security to F secure is that in my case my subscription runs out on 3rd December even though I didn't get a satisfactory installation until 2nd January so I will only get 11 months for the price of 12!

Mboy

Scholar

Please can someone give me any advise.....?

I am trying to download Safe becaue I am a virgin media customer. I have gone through sign up and selected my laptop but when it started downloading it doesn't go any further than 75% during the uninstalling process of all the old anti virus software. It tells me to reboot which I do but it stays on 75% after the reboot for a while and then tells me to reboot......

i've tried uninstaling it but now it's not even lettng me go past the "download" button.

any ideas??? i've also updated Windows so all pre download prep done.

Superuser

Hi Ben,

In the first post of this this thread, there is a link to download the Virgin Media Uninstall Tool.  Download and run that, then try the FS installation again.  Unfortunately, the instructions from Virgin Media to allow the program to be automatically uninstalled have turned out to be flawed - the program needs fully removing before installing FS.

Scholar

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I used the http://dl01.radialpoint.net/Virgin/Uninstall/UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe link but when I try to go back to FS it goes back to the download at 75% and then the whole loop starts again..... any further help woul be appreciated....

Superuser

OK, try using the F-Secure Uninstall Tool to completely remove F-Secure and start again:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/F-Secure-Uninstallation-Tool/m-p/31265/highlight/true#M560...

Also, check for any pending Windows Updates and install them, as sometimes they can affect the FS installation.
Advocate

Did it restart after running that tool? If not, reboot.

Does it still hang during the uninstall process of the old anti-virus, or is it now during the installation process?

Scholar

it's weird.. yes rebooted after uninstall tool. But the same thing happened. I have even completely removed the f secure and started again from scatch. After this it still says that it has detected Norton 360 and is removing. This was at 51%. then it jumped back to 75% and wnt into the reboot cycle again. What's trange is that i'm pretty sure Norton 360 is not on this laptop. Don't think i've ever had it and can't find it to manually remove it. maybe a virus stopping me updating my security..?

Superuser

Hopefully, if you go to the stickies at the top of the forum, you'll find a list of other products' uninstall tools. Have a try with the Norton / Symantec one and see if it helps. Maybe you installed a Norton 360 trial at some point?