How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC - for Virgin Media customers

13»

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

F-Secure Key created any prompts about "why it's not installed"? Or here just need to transfer data?!

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

F-Secure Key doesn't support Windows XP.  Minimum requirements are:

Android 4.0 or later
    iOS 5 or later
    Windows 7 or later
    Mac OS X 10.7 or later

It really would be advisable to seek an upgrade from XP, as it is no longer supported by Microsoft, and thus, is open to security risks.

• Many thanks for your reply . Well just needed to transver date , mainly . I think  that the best advice is to update my running system to windows 7 .......

• Thank you so much for the advise ... and I will take it , too . Upgrading to windows 7 later today . On up grading ; would I have to download f-secure key again onto the new running system ..... or do I " in some way " transfer my running copy from  my laptop to my windows 7 desktop ?

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I think you'll need to do a clean installation of Windows 7, as there is no upgrade option from XP, so you will also need to reinstall all your programs. I'm not sure if there's a way to save and transfer your data from F-Secure Key, as I don't use it myself, but maybe someone from F-Secure could clarify that?
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Except any addition points (which I created for you under private letter)..... maybe your dreams related with common steps around "back up" -process.

For example, here have KB about this: http://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-Key-KB/How-can-I-back-up-my-Key-data/ta-p/56319

Second variant related with "transfer". But for normal use it.. you should be able launch Key under another machine. And also... you should to remove "previous" installation (just because..... can be conflict-points between two machines.... with current background).

Such as you able to transfer your installation also... because potentially Key able to work as "portable" application. But you just have to try that... because here can be a lot of addition things around.

-----

And also here already comes new version of Key for desktops. So.. maybe here can be any new changes around current actions.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info