How to ignore a virus alert?

F-secure claims that some steam game executables has viruses. Now I want a simple solution how I get to execute these files without going through hoops. 

After virus detection I have the option to: clean file, delete file, isolate file and prevent from running the file. Why is there no option for "ignore and execute when launched"? Why do I have to jump all the hoops to get this file running again ... I have tried to add the file to exception, but it still wont launch the file. How the F am I supposed to be able to do that?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I guess F-Secure don't provide an "Ignore warning - I'll take my chances" option, in case people click it accidentally and then get infected.

I know what you mean about jumping through hoops, but as far as I am aware, submitting a sample to the FS Labs is probably the quickest way to get something white listed.

Have you tried running the program in gaming mode, and / or with FS disabled? That would, of course, render your machine vulnerable, but it might be a temporary workaround.
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for questions....

Can be helpful next information or questions (if situation will be stuck):

-> Which version of F-Secure you have?

-> What detection-name created during prompt about malicious item?

-> Do you use both variants of exclusion-list:

- for real-time scanning;

- for manual-scanning?

-> If excluded..... not work - maybe here prompted about some of "resources" or "temp"-files - maybe you able to try add to exclusion list - current file too. With directory-folder, for example.

-> From real-time scanning prompt probably not able to "ignore" file, because... real-time scanning prompts can be by various situations and if here detected something "certainly malicious" (potentially like detection-name) - current one not as design to ignore this fact and allow file.

But should be work any other steps.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info