cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude Files/Dirs from Virus scan

Scholar

How to exclude Files/Dirs from Virus scan

I have installed the tiral Version for Mac 2018 but I'm unable to configure excluded Files or Folders. As I'm running a Virtual Machine, I don't want the Container to be scanned. The Description on how to archive this does not match the current GUI. 

5 REPLIES
Superuser

Re: How to exclude Files/Dirs from Virus scan

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions). And I'm not friendly with Mac platform.

Previously (and maybe still) there was 'unexpected' situation with exclusion-design and Mac-solution. Where was ?! not possible to exclude files/folders. While it was with some workarounds.

Some of discussions about:

Good if there will be any clarifications from F-Secure Mac Team about potential changes or actual workarounds.

Thanks!

Executive Member

Any news on the ‚Scanning exclusion’ option for Mac?

I am eager to see some improvents on Safe for Mac. Unfortunately there is no ‚change-log‘ to track software updates.

Executive Member

Still no file/drive exclusion from real-time scanning. Is this basic! feature ever coming?

Scholar

I don't know. So I have started using evil Kaspersky and it is working for me so far... 

Highlighted
Executive Member

It's ridiculous that this feature is still not implemented. And sad that F-Secure is not able to tell if  'file exclusion' will ever be released to Safe for Mac. I contacted support more than once because real-time scanner still freezes and crashes my system when using Boxcryptor virtual drive. No solution at all. Excluding this virtual drive could probably solve this issue.