How do you like/not like F-Secure?

Senior Advisor

Re: How do you like/not like F-Secure?

@siramic
Actually license for any version for IS works for any version of IS.

"Desktop monitor on the main UI Status window, is your Windows desktop on the monitor"
Can you tell me what exactly do you mean?

@DJ69
Updates are batched several times per day(at least they seem to be batched, but sometimes they seem to be downloaded really spontaneously).

Don't know about last thing.
Highlighted
Supporter

@Janiashvili, On your first concern , I just wanted to let DJ know what version I was running and comparing to, but thank you for that kind reminder for all those who may read this thread of upgrade ability :)

Your second concern, yes, I thought about re-wording my post, but to late. I should have said your Desktop Wallpaper appears in the little monitor on the F-Secure Status panel, as is my plane wallpaper. On the video that DJ provided, you can see his desktop wallpaper in the F-Secure monitor. Hopefully this helps clarify things :)

Senior Advisor

Oh, that's why that screen is black on my computer; neat feature Smiley Very Happy

Supporter

Yes, a nice little added touch by F-Secure :)

Aspirant

"Updates are batched several times per day(at least they seem to be batched, but sometimes they seem to be downloaded really spontaneously)." 

So in sum, there is the "regular" daily updates and then there is the ability to "push-out" updates as well if there is a sudden, wide virus  breakout? I think Avast also has this ability... I think both are valuable.

The video, proved to me how quickly the software reacted to attacks and such. Impressive!

Aspirant

Senior Advisor

I'm not sure actually... But I think it is so. Or maybe they just update servers every time they gather several new definitions, and it's just up to you(and computer) to check whenever there is anything new.
Aspirant

Just found my answer:

"When a new potential threat appears, the first computers that encounter it anywhere in the world, will instantly inform the highly automated F-Secure security labs. For confirmed threats we are able to add complete protection in 60 seconds. After this, all computers with this technology query the network, and are instantly protected. This shortcuts the hours it typically takes to send out database updates."

http://www.softexia.com/anti-virus/internet-security-suites/f-secure-internet-security/

Aspirant

For those who have been with F-Secure for some time, has the program updates been free of system problems. In my past experance with Outpost (Agnitum), almost every update has lead to system problems of some kind only to be (maybe) resolved by a .2,.5 or .8 verson release...

Scholar

I don't believe the support is good. I have been trying to get help with a malware removal problem to no avail. When one calls the help line in the US, you get into a voicemail loop which finally takes you to technical support for home users. Then it asks for the extension of the person you which to reach..... no other option is allowed. If you do not have an extension, it hangs up on you. Seriously!?! I'm a user who is calling the contact number given on the website for help! I don't know their personnel roster! Very poor service....I am so sorry I bought this product!