cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop that annoying pop-up?

SOLVED
Scholar

How do I stop that annoying pop-up?

Everytime I go into google chrome and onto every programme the infernal F internet security keeps popping up and I spend more time clicking cancel than looking at sites.  How on earth do I stop this annoying nuisence of a pop-up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate

Re: How do I stop that annoying pop-up?

More info about the blocked application:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/tbmessaginghost-exe-virus-removal/

17 REPLIES
Superuser

What is the popup asking or advising?  A screenshot would be useful.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Chicky,

In order to help you, could you provide more details on the pop-up? As mentioned by Simon, a screenshot could be very helpful in understanding the problem you are facing.

Which F-Secure product are you currently using?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Sorry I'm having a bit of difficulty inserting a screen shot of the pop-up.  

How do I do that?

Superuser

Basically, hit Reply, then click the Image icon. You'll then get a popup with various insert options, and you want the one to upload an image from your computer. Click Browse, navigate to where you've saved the screenshot, then click to Insert the image into the post.
Advocate

In case you need more help than that:

1. It's the Print Screen button, usually "prt sc" in short. If you have a laptop it might also require you to press the Fn (function key) or similar. Pressing Print Screen saves an image to the clipboard.

Pressing the Alt key + Print screen will take an image only of the active window and not the entire screen.

2. Start the Windows Paint program(mspaint.exe) and press Ctrl+V to paste the image from the clipboard. If you want you can now edit/cut/hide parts of the screenshot to protect any private sensitive information.

3. Save the image to disk.

4. Now you can follow Simon's advice Smiley Wink

Scholar

fsecure.jpg

Advocate

FYI, only Chicky can see the image until a moderator has approved it, hopefully tomorrow. This new approval system is getting pretty annoying Smiley Sad

Superuser

Oh, so that's what the triangles are? I brought this up in another thread but never got an answer. Yes, it certainly doesn't help when we are trying to diagnose issues. Smiley Sad
Superuser

Just because picture already are visible:

- Current pop-up is DeepGuard prompt about launch of "suspicious/malicious" application, which already previously was blocked (or automatically; or by user-choice):

It's mean - for stop that:

You need to go on F-Secure Computer Security UI - Tools - Application Permissions (DeepGuard Storage) and remove/allow current application on the list;

BUT

Name of application can be related with PUP/Toolbar/Search-engine and can be on system by adware;

How I can to understand - related with Conduit.

If you don't need or want that search-engine (which probably close to malicious/suspicious/unwanted)  - it's mean you not need to do something with DeepGuard storage (and allowed part of that application);

If you did not install that search-engine or other related points (like toolbar/BHO/add-on/plug-in) by your "feels" - need to clean your system from that "payload";

But for any actions about clean  - need to certainly know... which situation you have (you can to check list of plugins/toolbars/addons/search-engines or maybe it's can be on Control Panel of Windows) for understanding - what certainly "potentially unwanted program here" or maybe here "malicious" sample.