How do I install F-Secure SAFE on my child's Android device and set up Family Rules?

This article describes how to install F-Secure SAFE on your child's Android device and set up Family Rules for the first time. We go through the following Family Rules settings:

• Application control
  • Device use limits
  • Content filtering

On your child's Android device

1. Open Play Store, search for F-Secure SAFE, then select the app.
  2. Select Install, and once installed, select Open.
  3. Tick the box if you would like to send us non-personalized data. Select Accept and continue.
  4. Do the following:
    1. In the Allow F-Secure SAFE to make and manage phone calls? window, select Allow;
    2. In the Allow F-Secure SAFE to access device's location? window, select Allow;
    3. In the Allow F-Secure SAFE to access photos, media and files on your device window, select Allow.
  5. Log in to your My F-Secure account.
    1. Select Log in.
    2. Type in your My F-Secure credentials.
    3. Select Log in.
    If you do not have a valid My F-Secure account yet, select Create account.
  6. Select Installing for a child?, then:
    1. Select New child profile from the drop-down, and Continue.
    2. In Name, enter a name, and select the age group.
    3. Select Next.
  7. Set up Family Rules
    1. Select Next, then Turn on App Control.
  8. App control
    1. Choose the default setting for newly installed apps: Time-limited or Blocked.
    2. Choose how you want to treat apps that are currently installed: Time-limited, Allowed or Blocked.
  9. Daily Time limits
    1. Swipe the slider to the right to turn on daily time limits. Then for apps that you have set as time-limited:
      1. Slide the slider to the desired time length for weekdays and weekends.
      2. Select Next.
  10. Bedtime

For apps that you have set as time-limited:

1. Slide the slider to specify the time frame allowed for school nights and weekends.
    2. Select Next.
  11. Content filtering
    1. Check the boxes for the content categories that you want to block for your child.
    2. Select Next.
  12. On the Almost Ready page, select Next.
  13. On the Turn on settings page, select Continue. The Family Rules feature needs device administrator permission.
  14. On the Activate device admin app? page, select Activate this device admin app.
  15. On the Turn on accessibility page, select Continue.
  16. On the Accessibility page, select F-Secure SAFE from under Downloaded services.
  17. Swipe the slider and select OK.
  18. Enter your device PIN to continue, if needed.

F-Secure SAFE is now installed on your child's Android device and Family Rules has been set up.

To view the Family Rules settings for the child, select Family Rules from the app's main screen.

If you want to make changes to these Family Rules settings, on any device, log in to your My F-Secure account, and click on the child's profile to view and change the Family Rules settings.

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure SAFE product page

Version history
Revision #:
16 of 16
Last update:
‎11-10-2019 07:16 AM
Updated by:

Labels (5)