How can I protect my child's PC with F-Secure SAFE?

This article describes how you can protect your child's PC with F-Secure SAFE, using the Family Rules feature. We're going to show you how to create a child profile, set up time limits and content filtering for your child on this device.

As you will be adding a child profile, this can be done only via your own My F-Secure account.

To protect your child's PC:

1. Log in to My F-Secure with your account username and password.
  2. Select Add device. The Whose device do you want to protect? window appears.
  3. Select My child's device, and then select Continue. The Choose device type window appears.
  4. Select This computer, and then select Download for Windows.
  5. While still in your Internet browser, find the network installer from your download folder by pressing Ctrl + J on your keyboard.
  6. Run the network installer file. The F-Secure Setup starts.
    1. Once the Welcome to SAFE window opens, click Continue.
    2. Enter the name of the child whose PC you are going to protect and for whom you are going to set up Family Rules.
    3. Select the age group to which the child belongs and click Next.
    4. To set up time limits and content filtering for the child, click Next.
    5. To set the daily limits for device use, click first the Edit button and select then the allowed daily use for both weekdays and weekends. Finally, click Save to save the settings.
    6. To prevent device use during night-time, click the Edit button and set the bedtimes for school nights and weekends. Finally, click Save to save the bedtime settings and click Next.
    7. Select the types of web content that you want to block from the child and click Next.
    8. Click Accept and install.
    The installation process begins and all you have to do now is to simply allow the installation to complete. This should take less than a minute.

F-Secure SAFE is now installed on your child's PC and the child's Internet use is protected according to your setup.

To view the Family Rules settings for the child, click the Family Rules tab on the left of the SAFE main page.

Later, if you want to make changes to these Family Rules settings, log in to your My F-Secure account and click on the child's profile to view and change the Family Rules settings.

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure SAFE product page

Version history
Revision #:
10 of 10
Last update:
2 weeks ago
Updated by:

Labels (3)