Hi and how from F-Secure Safe to Virgin Media customers

Scholar

Re: Hi and how from F-Secure Safe to Virgin Media customers

Hi Stephan,

Big Thanks F-Secure from virgin media customers. However, I could not activate F-Secure in my Nexus 7 tablet. While activating, it gives an error message "Internal error occurred". Could you please help me?

Thank you.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Guitart85,

Could you precise the android version you are currently running on your Nexus device?

Be aware that android version 4.4 Kitkat isn't yet supported.

Thank you.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Thank you for responding.

Unfortunately, i recently updated 4.3 to 4.4. So, when would F-secure be able to support 4. Otherwise, I might have to downgrade my Android version (if that is possible, as I am not that tech savvy).

Thank you.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Guitart85,

Support for android 4.4 is coming shortly, within next couple of weeks is currently the plan.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

Hi Ben,

Is it's always likely to be the case that support for new versions of Android will come later than the actual releases? If this is the case what happens if F-Secure Mobile Security is already installed on a device that subsequently gets updated?
Scholar

Thank you Ben. How do I know the support has been released? Will info be available in F-secure website?
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Simon, unfortunately that is currently correct as we receive new versions of Android as they are launched. 

If the Mobile Security client is already installed, it may be necessary to manually uninstall it and wait for the compatible version. This of course also depends on the nature of the changes that the Android update contains.

Best Regards

-Jake
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

Hi Jake,

Thanks for that clarification. Unfortunately, that does seem to pose potential problems for Android users. Is is not possible to obtain pre-release versions of Android updates from the Android community? It does seem a little disruptive for users to potentially have to uninstall their mobile security while awaiting updates.

Simon.

P.S. Apologies to Guitar85 for the thread hijack! Smiley Wink
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Simon,

I agree. Our R&D is currently working on getting the new versions beforehand, so that our compatibility would be on par with the Android releases.

Best Regards

-Jake
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

That's good news. Perhaps they have a Beta program you guys could join? Smiley Wink