Hi and how from F-Secure Safe to Virgin Media customers

Scholar

Re: Hi and how from F-Secure Safe to Virgin Media customers

No worries Jake. I am learning from you guys. Thanks.
Scholar

I am a Virgin user and been advised to install F Secure.

I followed the various links - downloaded the F Secure 

I then ran the setup application

I was advised that the system would remove Virgin software

Then told it was unable to remove Virgin software and I should remove manually (it is apparently removed and no longer shows on the 'list of installed programs'

I removed manually and tried again and get the same messages - i.e.. Virgin software is present, can't remove, I should remove manually

I now see that I still have a directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Virgin Media\Virgin Media Security\10.0.41.60198\ with loads of files.

How do I resolve this situation?

Superuser

Try running the VMS uninstaller to fully remove VMS, then the F-Secure installation should work:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/Virgin-Media-Security-10-FAQ/td-p/910393

Scholar

Many thanks.

All seems OK now , installtion complete and software available (Virgin gone)

Superuser

Excellent! :)
Scholar

Hi I have installed F-Secure on my laptop with no problems, but the SMS link sent to my mobile keeps coming up as server error 404 page not found. I have a ZTE Blade 3 on Android 4.0.4 Any help would be appreciated.

Superuser

I'm not well up on Android versions, but it may be that that version isn't supported yet. Please refer to this thread:

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/Hi-and-how-from-F-Secure-Safe-to/td-p/35107/page/2
Scholar

Hello there back at the end of October I installed this product as instructed to by Virgin. I have had no problems with it on my laptop but for the last 3 weeks I have been trying to install it on the other 2 computers in the household. It won't allow me to download the new secure system onto either of the 2 desktop systems. Now I thought I had registered with F Secure when I downloaded it myself but according to the login details I don't exist under any email address! What can I do to rectify this before VMS runs out at the end of this month?

Superuser

I think you'll need to contact F-Secure Support with your subscription key (don't post it here), and ask them to investigate it. We can't usually deal with licensing issues on the forum.
Highlighted
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi simes1970,

As advised by Simon before, please do contact support to address that issue with the installation and login details, as they can't be shared here.

Regards,
Ivan

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.