Healrh Check and Java

I've had a problem updating Java by use of the Health Check site as well as updating Adobe. My latest snafu I tried using my ADMIN account to update Java and this worked; but when I did a health check again, Health Check hung over the top of an error message that could not be retrieved. Remedy was to reboot the computer. I believe that the problem is associated with Java because I use both 64 and 32 bit IE9 on a Windows 7 operating system and it was remedied by updating both of the Javas. When the 64 bit wasn't updated then Health Check hung in 32 bit. After I updated both Javas things operated properly. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Sudu,

Thank you for you feedback. It is indeed always a good thing to have the latest versions installed, for our product as well as for other softwares. The latest version usually provide better performance and better security.

• celavey
    celavey Posts: 34 Observer

I agree. Most problems are solved when you are always up to date or at least don't get too far from the current version.image

• nayan007
    nayan007 Posts: 41 Observer

I want to know one thing when some latest update is installed then what happens to the older updates. It overwrites on it or else keep as it is and the new update gets installed or else remove the older updates and the new update takes place

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Nayan007,

New definitions are added to the old ones and some older definitions are removed(Speaking obviously about our products).

You can see the details for our different engines about that on the following page:

http://www.f-secure.com/dbtracker/

Best regards

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info