General information/qwestion

Hellow,

I installed the app on my son's phone (Huawei p8 lite 2017) because he likes to install stuff from the internet without checking what he's downloading.
So far it looks good, I can block the application he's not supposed to mess with. 
Is there any option in the app that I can also block the settings in the phone with a pincode?
Is there a possibility to controle the phone from a distance, he's ad a boarding school for kids with a disability during the week. 
I also like to know the price for mobile only version, cannot find it in your website.

With kind regards

Claudia

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions).

So, it is only my own unofficial suggestion and feelings.

Maybe it is good an ability to contact their direct Support Channels (chat/phone) about some of meanings: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Is there any option in the app that I can also block the settings in the phone with a pincode?

Probably not. But what kind of settings should be protected?

Sounds that it should be possible to configure installation as 'kids profile' -> then some of system settings will be 'locked'. Also, maybe good to re-check that 'Settings' is not listed under App Control (what if it is possible to restrict access to 'Settings' with such place).

My own experience about "pincode" to certain application -> I tried to use certain application with such design from well-known companies; Where entire design of application is "protecting" certain applications by pin-code (and so). Maybe it is can be a good addition to F-Secure SAFE.

Is there a possibility to controle the phone from a distance, he's ad a boarding school for kids with a disability during the week. 

If it is about 'full remote control' - so - maybe not.

But F-Secure SAFE will  provide some features like change Time Limits, Content Blocker and App Control remotely. Also, F-Secure SAFE with "Finder"-module.

Next Knowledgebase articles with description about:

It is possible to login into "My F-Secure Account" portal and choose device-installation. Where should be visible "Parental Control"-button and then related features. But... device should be with active network connection for applying changes.

I also like to know the price for mobile only version, cannot find it in your website.

Maybe "F-Secure Mobile Security" is not directly available anymore (only as 'renew"); Or like Business-solution:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsecure.ms.dc

Not sure, but maybe price can be visible with ^ such page (application).

Also.. most likely... "Mobile Security" with less abilities about Parental Control features (but I'm not sure).

And maybe F-Secure SAFE with good enough price (compared to "only" mobile version). Even for 'one device' -> price can be 'too high' (compared to "up to three" devices subscription; where "mobile only version" is not so useful maybe).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info