Free subscription

Scholar

Free subscription

I have installed f secure for free as I am a virgin media customer, it's meant to last until December. I have recently started getting e mails saying that my subscription is about to end, anyone else getting this, any advice out there? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Free subscription

Hello,

I'm not sure what emails you are getting exactly, but I know our email setup.

We're sending "renewal/purchase reminders" only shortly before expiration and to customers who took a trial.

Virgin Media customers should not get any such emails from us, as your subscriptions are valid for quite a while.

However, I see 2 possible sources for such emails:

1. I know Virgin is/has been sending emails to former Virgin Media Security customers, stating the Virgin Media Security is expiring and inviting you to sign up for F-Secure SAFE.

2. It might be that some of you took any of our trial versions, be it stand alone Internet Security, SAFE or others.

About #1: Mistaken identity - checking the sender of the email should give clarity.

About #2: In that case, mails are correct, yet understandably confusing as they refer to a Trial version you may not be using anymore.

You can also just click "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email.

Best regards,
Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
7 REPLIES 7
Advocate

Did you install from the SAFE Portal: https://mysafe.f-secure.com/ ?

What expire date is shown when you log in to the SAFE Portal?

Advocate

Hi again,

I missed the fact that you received emails and not a pop-up messages. Sounds like you have installed the 30-day free trial.

If you haven't already registered for SAFE via Virgin Media, try from here:

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/security/overview.html

Scholar

hi, my subsciption says that it ends in december and everything seems fine with it, just baffled!

Advocate

Good! Well, then I guess either the emails were sent by mistake for some reason, or maybe they were SPAM, fake emails tricking you into clicking a link in it.

Scholar

Hi Lainey

Yes I too have the same problem. I have had two of these e-mails now and when I log into my account the expiry date says the 19th of November. The problem is that you can't reply to the e-mail. I have tried sorting the problem on the f-secure chat line but got nowhere. Is it possible to contact these people by phone?

Colin

Advocate

Yes, you can find phone numbers and service hours here:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/call-f-secure-support

Keep us posted so others can see the solution or explanation for these emails.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello,

I'm not sure what emails you are getting exactly, but I know our email setup.

We're sending "renewal/purchase reminders" only shortly before expiration and to customers who took a trial.

Virgin Media customers should not get any such emails from us, as your subscriptions are valid for quite a while.

However, I see 2 possible sources for such emails:

1. I know Virgin is/has been sending emails to former Virgin Media Security customers, stating the Virgin Media Security is expiring and inviting you to sign up for F-Secure SAFE.

2. It might be that some of you took any of our trial versions, be it stand alone Internet Security, SAFE or others.

About #1: Mistaken identity - checking the sender of the email should give clarity.

About #2: In that case, mails are correct, yet understandably confusing as they refer to a Trial version you may not be using anymore.

You can also just click "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email.

Best regards,
Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.