Firewall AV off, no warning on Icon

Win XP SP3 FSIS 2012

Very surprised that the icon in task bar does not have a warning that protection is switched off. Even when rebooting PC, or switch off/switch on next day, same result. I consider this to be a far more important feature than the forced daily updates, with no option to turn off,  which is really annoying me. Man Frustrated

Comments

• celavey
    celavey Posts: 34 Observer

Similar case. Do you think it should still be set up in the option page to apply notification?image

• alconsvr
    alconsvr Posts: 26 Observer

@celavey wrote:

Similar case. Do you think it should still be set up in the option page to apply notification?image

NO NO NO.  I don't think there should be an option to allow that. There should always be a warning on the icon, like it was in past versions. In IS2012, it is far to easy to switch off both AV and Firewall. If you reboot your PC and forget that AV or firewall is switched off, there is no warning. There should be an interactive message on screen at boot time, forget pop ups etc. It is easy to envisage someone switching off, to install a program, and leaving it off. Even if you get an auto update there is no warning that everything is off. The update loader should be checking to see that a minimum level is switched on. Yet F-Secure seem to place more importance in updates, having removed the ability to switch off updates, which is a problem for me. Nag screens work. People hate them. So why does F-Secure not use them in these cases.

Smiley Sad

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info