Firefox - Banking protection does not work

Hi,

Banking protection has worked fine with Firefox, but today 1.12.2018 it does not appear in Firefox.

With IE is is fine.

Has there been updates somewhere?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Just as sidenote with another discussions about:

If your experience is still about troublestate - good to doublecheck some things:

-- does F-Secure Browsing Protection addon/plugin is still enabled under Firefox?

-- does something as proxy is used under Firefox?

-- does it possible to check with another banking website (for sure); for example, https://nordea.no?

Just because all working fine with Internet Explorer -> F-Secure side internal trouble is unlikely(?) point; but more likely to check that F-Secure Browsing Protection addon is enabled under Firefox, visited page is under HTTPS and that connection is not 'proxied' by anything. Otherwise - if it is possible - do you able to provide banking website example and Firefox version (and maybe Windows version) for ability to check it with my own experience (I am also only an F-Secure user and with my F-Secure SAFE beta / Windows 7 and Firefox 64bit 63.0.* was all OK today).

There are also some limitations for Banking Protection feature. But (if so) - your experience should be about temporary troublestate OR based on changes by your steps.

Thanks!

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

When you say updates di your Firefox update?

As Ukko suggests check that the add in is still enabled id Firefox.

• soihoi
    soihoi Posts: 10 Explorer

Hi

Thank you for responses.

Unfortunately I cannot tell exact time of update, but the version currently is

Firefox Qauntum 63.0.3 (64bit)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@soihoi wrote:

Hi

Thank you for responses.

Unfortunately I cannot tell exact time of update, but the version currently is

Firefox Qauntum 63.0.3 (64bit)

Hello,

If your experience is still about troublestate and all previous suggestions were not useful - one else option is to doublecheck Security Cloud status:

By these steps - possible to open window where should be visible "Security Cloud: Connected";

If status is "Security Cloud: Not Connected" - I think that it is can be an explanation. But if so and such trouble is stable with your experience - good to contact their official Support Channel: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

since it is fully unexpected; and can only be OK as temporary situation.

Thanks!

• martink

For me banking protection works with FF 63.0.3 and 64 (portable) 64 bit.

However, the main window in FS-TP says it does not.

Bankinprotection.JPG

However, I chatted with support about that. Because on FF addons it says it is enabled and because it pops up when I go to a banking site I can assume it works.

Extensions.JPG

FS-TP just is not fully compatible with the portable version of FF.

• TifaOng
    TifaOng Posts: 32 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi martink,

Is the issue resolved when you chat with support? If no, what are the steps you've taken?

• martink

Thanks for asking. The result of the chat was that portable Firefox is not fully supported and if the addon is enabled and banking suppport pops up I can take banking protection to work.

• TifaOng
    TifaOng Posts: 32 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi martink,

Thank you for your reply. I'll mark your message as the solution :)

• martink

As the moderator you can do that.

But soihoi did not necessarily have the same problem or question.
    I was just saying that for me it works so not working is not systematic.

• soihoi
    soihoi Posts: 10 Explorer

Hi

Thank you for your responses.

I'm a real novice, I noticed that my virusprotection is F-secure Internet Security,not F-secure safe.

But banking protection does not turn on.

I notice that your screen shot  on the 'virus protection view' looks similar as mine did earlier - the Mozilla Firefox browser extension....line available.

but that line has disappeared. I tried to attach a screen shot of my 'virus protection view' but I do not how to attach it here. Maybe that is the reason why the banking protection does not turn on?

• martink

Does your main screen say Mozilla FIrefox extension is not in use?

If it does click Set up now

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info