Finding infected file name from report

Hi,

I did a virus scan on my PC using F-Secure 2014 a few days ago. It said that it found and quarantined this virus:

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/suspicious_w32_malware_gemini.shtml

The report however does not tell me the name of the file that it believes was infected, nor the folder it was found in. Where can I find this information? It is obviously important to be able track the source of the infection, or decide whether it was a false positive.

Thanks!

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    From memory, I think if you open Launch Pad then go to Security > Anti Virus and open the Quarantine screen, you can right click the listed items for further information. Sorry to be a bit vague, but I'm not at my machine right now.
  • hadi
    hadi Posts: 3

Simon, thank you for your response. In quarantine section, it indeed lists the item, but for pathname states system infection (one or more objects)", which is not of much use. Details provides no extra information either - see the screenshot.

fs_q_d_20140320.png

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Hmm... I'm not quite sure what that means, so you might want to raise a support ticket to query that, unless someone else here can advise more fully.
  • hadi
    hadi Posts: 3

Ukko, thanks. The "view removal history" from the location you mentioned had the necessary details. Turned out to be a false positive - detecting the virus in Claws mail. Great to know this!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info