Facebook like button on main window

So, large words about privacy first etc. and you put facebook like button on your product. I wonder if i click it would it tell facebook i'm using f-secure or was it already shared.

Comments

• Pootis
    Pootis Posts: 4 Observer

Is the like button image coming from facebook server, or is it just a link? Please answer! My disgust for it is so great that i have to uninstall otherwise.

• Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer

Seriously, this button is exactly the opposite of what F-Secure stands for: Privacy and digital freedom. If people want to "Like" you guys on facebook, they will definitely find a way to do so but please get rid of this horrible Like button!

• MargosDezerian
    MargosDezerian Posts: 113 Enthusiast

Yeah,same opinion here,and now the Booster Button is also there.Please don't do such things,we are paying for it so we can expect an ad free product.

Hi,

The like button is a local image and just opening our user interface causes no connections to Facebook. If you click it, it will open the Facebook site in a browser and then Facebook can obviously track you.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer

Hi,

still, I don't like the idea of placing such buttons (neither to Facebook nor to Twitter or Youtube or whatever) on windows of Security programs. There is already a button leading directly to your Website and a button for support and help. Actually, I've never  seen Facebook Like buttons on others AV program's windows and I have used several.

Nevertheless, I would appreciate a resurfacing of the User Interface of F-Secure Internet Security. I like the more modern looking and straightened user interfaces e.g. of Freedome and Cleanup-Tool. So I hope F-Secure is working on improving user experience by adjusting the user interface.

• MargosDezerian
    MargosDezerian Posts: 113 Enthusiast

I think the same.I had a big opinion about F Secure from the security side but things like that changed it.If you would offer a free product no one would cry but for paid Users such non trustable things like Facebook is a no go.Also that Booster crap ad is not a positive thing.

But I think like always,doesn't matter what the Users say you won't change it.Step back imo although the Software itself is very good(Windows version).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Thank you for your feedbacks. We always appreciate it.

We always keep it in mind when thinking of new feature or developing the next versions.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info