FF 5.0 & Browsing Protection

RmB
Supporter

FF 5.0 & Browsing Protection

Hi!

Firefox 5.0 has just been released. As usual when new version is released, browsing protection is not supported. Is there update coming soon? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: FF 5.0 & Browsing Protection

Hi Matthias,

You're right the automatic update server dit not work as my virus definitions are still dated at 9:13 am PDT yesterday (Saturday August 23th).

So I tried the advice given under: "Beta Update Channel - Instructions", but I'm unable to folow that, because when I opened the  "C:\Program Files\Shaw Secure\FSAUA folder", There was no : "fsaua.cfg" file.

So it seems that it's is not possibe to make that change with Shaw Secure, or could you suggest some other way.

Handries

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Aspirant

Any new info about Browsing Protection Toolbar and Firefox 5?

RmB
Supporter

Nothing so far..

Community Manager

Hi,

sorry for the late reply on this topic.

I do not have the information at hand.

We will get back to you shortly. Sorry for the delay!

Best regards,

Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Just installed F.F. 50, and noticed that the version listed in the add-ons folder is: " Browsing Protection 1.10", which is the one that's not compatible with this browser.

Hopefully this will be updated soon, as I'm missing this extra feature of Shaw Secure (rebranded version of F-Secure).

Thanks

Handries
Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Everybody,

Our current estimate for Browsing Protection support for Firefox 5 is July 8th 2011.

Executive Member

Woh, 8th of July,

this is a long time...

What are you planing for the future? Mozilla will release faster the FireFox version? We have to wait every release about two weeks for the update?

Greetz

---------
3 Licence of F-Secure Internet Security User
www.secure-forum.de - Informations about Security for Computer, Tablets and Smartphones
Superuser

Seems the transition from Gecko 2 to Gecko 5 causes unexpected problems. Concerning the future,this is what we received:

We're aiming for a proactive approach, where development and testing is done with beta versions, plus extra days for testing with the Firefox RTM version.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Superuser

Hi,

the release candidate for the new BP is available inside the manual update package which you can download from
http://download.f-secure.com/latest/beta/fsdbupdate9.exe

Please report any glitches/problems immediately.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Highlighted
Superuser

Hi,

It seems this is still not the announced Plugin, although it has build Number 5604

The FF.Installer still limits to V4.*

Sorry for the confusion!

BR

Matthias
----------