FF 5.0 & Browsing Protection

Aspirant

Re: FF 5.0 & Browsing Protection

Thanks Matthias,

That latest update of "fsdbpdate9" did the trick for me and updated my virus definitions completely today.

Earlier they were 8 days old and I was unable to update them.

Does this also mean the automatic update on my Shaw Secure will work again?

Handries
Superuser

Hi,

most likely not, because fsdbupdate will always update evrything (that is why it is that big)!

OTOH the fix might already be in testing and if so it could be included as well. Just report back tomorrow.

www.f-secure.com/dbtracker should tell you the latest updates and if you compare those with the downloads of AUA you know where you are.

Please let us know.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Aspirant

Hi Matthias,

You're right the automatic update server dit not work as my virus definitions are still dated at 9:13 am PDT yesterday (Saturday August 23th).

So I tried the advice given under: "Beta Update Channel - Instructions", but I'm unable to folow that, because when I opened the  "C:\Program Files\Shaw Secure\FSAUA folder", There was no : "fsaua.cfg" file.

So it seems that it's is not possibe to make that change with Shaw Secure, or could you suggest some other way.

Handries
Highlighted
Superuser

Hi,

just create a fsaua.cfg

log_level=debug
debug_level=9

reboot, reproduce,

debug_level=0

reboot.

mannually send fsaua.log and fsaua.dbg together with FSDAIAG.TAR.GZ to SHAW's support.

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Aspirant

Hi Matthias,

It seems that I was mistaken in my previous post as I did find: "fsaua.cfg" under programs, and I opened it with Notepad.

But all I could find listed was:

log_level=debug

debug_level=2

You mentioned in your last post that I should add certain lines, does this mean that these replace the above.

Please, let me know, as I want do do things right and am not too familiar with these things..

Thanks

Handries
Superuser

Yep, these are the lines. set the level to 9, later back to 2

Matthias
----------