F-secure will not install on windows 10. Help please!

I am in need of help in understanding the install process. I have uninstalled all security software, ran wise reg cleaner, ran autoruns, and removed all infections from system and all remnants of all from registry. Windows 10 is up-to-date and used revo uninstaller to uninstall and also used geek. Have rebooted many times and have watched it install from task manager. I do not get any errors, it then closes. The normal files are there in program files but no icon and no processes running. During install in task manager it shows 2 f-secure installers 32bit and 2 that are called sidebar plus one more not sure of name. It looks like it is installing then closes all processes in task manager then closes f-secure and nothing. It seems like something is blocking it from installing correctly. I have also ran sfc /scannow. Windows 10 has windows defender that is pre installed but have installed on several other windows 10 with no issue. If you could help me out I would appreciate it a lot as I install your software on lots of computers daily for a company. I have only had 2 computers I could not install it on and am trying to avoid future ones from failing.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

The only thing you haven't mentioned is using the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool, which I would recommend you try.  This will totally remove any previous versions of F-Secure, so that you can try the re-installation again from scratch.

With regards "removed all infections from system and all remnants of all from registry", you didn't say how you did this, but I would recommend running the F-Secure Online Scanner, and possibly follow this by a scan with http://www.malwarebytes.org, to double check that you have no malware on the machine.

• Soflo
    Soflo Posts: 4 Observer

I have tried that as well. The company I work for has the removal tool. It did not work. I like using Revo uninstaller as I deal with removing mcafee and using the tool from their website does not work. I use autoruns to see if it finds the program on the system and use a batch file my Co-worker wrote to clear temp files and such

• Soflo
    Soflo Posts: 4 Observer
    I also use junkware removal tool and rogue killer to scan of infections.
  • Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

In that case, all I can suggest is that you submit a Support Ticket, attaching the FSDIAG file from the Support Tool, so that the tech guys can have a look at your system ans see what's going wrong.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Soflo and @Simon, to keep you both informed, I have moved this post to the right board.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info