F-secure subscirption expiry date not showing

Hello. The expiry date for FSIS 2013 subscription is showing "Subscription is valid" but it does not show an expiry date. How can I fix this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi globy123,

Please check in the Subscription status page.
    - F-Secure > View my subscriptions > Subscription status.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hönö
    Hönö Posts: 64 Contributor

That is exactly what I am looking at, Jayson, and what I see is the same globy123 complained about:Ö instead of the expiry date, I see "Tilaus voimassa" ("Subscription is valid" in Finnish). I already had this with FSIS 2012 and now I have it with FSIS 2013. How can I verify the expiration date?

• [Deleted User]

Hi Hönö,

Under the Subscription status, it should show:

F-Secure_product_name          x/x subscriptions in use
    This Computer                             Expires: dd/mm/yyyy
    Computer x                                   Expires: dd/mm/yyyy

Could you provide us a screenshot if you see otherwise?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hönö

This is the relevant part of the pop-up:

F-Secure-tilaus.PNG

I hope the language poses no problem.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Hönö,

Please right click on the F-Secure icon on the taskbar then choose About.

What is the version showing?
    F-Secure 1.xx build xxx

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• Hönö

F-Secure 1.62 build 366 (but as I said, I already had the same problem with FSIS 2012).

• It's been more than 2 weeks and I am still waiting for a solution to this problem.

• [Deleted User]

Hi globy123 & Hönö,

It depends what type of licenses you have in use. Could you contact to our technical support, so we can check your keycode?

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

For example we have easy type license where you renew subscription once every year, but the keycode will stay same.

• Hönö

Yeah, that's what I thought (and therefore did not report when I noticed it the first time). I know my expiration date because I have retained the email that has all the info. However, I decided to back up globy123 in his/her complaint because the user interface is so very rude.

On that same pop-up, there is a link "Lisää uusi tilaus- tai kampanjakoodi" ("Add a new subscription or campaign code" or some such), and in my confusement, I tried it to see what happens. This happened many months ago, so I cannot remember all details, but I ended up getting a notification that said that "tilausta on jatkettu" ("subscription has been extended") and that "F-Secure Internet Security 2012, tilaus voimassa 20.12.2030 saakka" ("..subscription is valid until 20.12.2030"), which I find absolutely baffling.

The user interface is way too confusing. You have to make it more understandable and informative. The user interface must help users to verify the information, instead of adding more confusion.

• Hönö

Oh, and one more utterly rude feature: back when I upgraded to FSIS 2012, the installer asked for my subscription code, and accepted it as it should. However, after the installaiton when I checked my sbscription, this same rude pop-up showed a whole different code! The installer never notified me during the installation that the code would change. I had to be alert and go and check the info myself. I really would like to know why on earth the subscription code was changed like that, with no warning at all? A bit late, I know, but anyway.

• Hönö

F-Secure Internet Security 2013 Release 3 improvements cover the complaints I made about the rudeness of the UI. The information shown is much clearer now. Thank you.

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 13 Observer

@Jayson wrote:

Please check in the Subscription status page.
    - F-Secure > View my subscriptions > Subscription status.

I don't see a 'Subscription status page', how do I get to that?  My AntiVirus has never shown the expiry date.

• Hönö

I was expecting someone from F-Secure to answer, but they keep missing opportunities to brag.

As I said in the previous reply, the fix is inclued in the latest release. It's just that they're rolling it out gradually, so not everyone has it installed yet. I happened to need a fresh installation on a new computer, so I already have seen the new release. If you are in a hurry to see it, you can do a manual upgrade.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Hönö, thanks for sharing your knowledge, and I'm happy to hear that the latest release solved your issue.  Biggles, do you now have the latest release, or are you still having this problem?

ChrissyT

F-Secure Community Manager

• Biggles

@Chrissy_T wrote:

Hi Hönö, thanks for sharing your knowledge, and I'm happy to hear that the latest release solved your issue.  Biggles, do you now have the latest release, or are you still having this problem?

ChrissyT

F-Secure Community Manager

Hi Chrissy

I was having email correspondence with Izan but, after I sent him the CCF logs and Diagnostic report he asked for on 5 March, I've heard nothing.  My anti-virus is still 12.56 build 100.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Biggles,

I believe your issue has been resolved as we have already close the case. If you happen to have the same problem again, kindly email us back so that we can continue investigating the issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Biggles

No, Jagadesan, that has never been addressed.  I have now installed have a more up-to-date version of Anti-Virus which has solved the other problem I has referred to but, like the previous version, there still seems no way to view the expiry date.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Biggles,

According to the SRID: 1-552293982, this case has been closed as you have mentioned that you have found a resolution. Kindly open a new case for the problem, where you are unable to view the subscription information. Please follow the link below to open a new case:-

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Biggles

No, the SRID you quote was in connection with the problem receiving pop3 after an update.

On this thread, I was asking how to view my subscription expiry date, which I still can't see.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Biggles,

Kindly open a new case for the problem, where you are unable to view the subscription information. Please follow the link below to open a new case:-

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Biggles

You misunderstand.  I don't know whether I should expect to be able to see the expiry date or, if so, how to do so.

I'm assuming, for the moment, that there is nothing wrong with my Anti-Virus to raise a ticket about and that the problem is me lacking the information.

To clarify, I followed the instructions given in post #2, but the 'My F-Secure' page is blank below 'My Status'.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Biggles,

With regards to your problem, kindly watch the video link below to understand more about F-Secure Subcription:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWiDJLJwFvY&feature=share&list=UUqKsPGc6UVe9RF2BaoxcuVw

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Biggles

Ah, if only, in post #2, he had said those steps were from the 'launch pad'!!

I had been opening the application and wondering why the rest of the steps didn't work for me!

Thanks, Jaga

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info