F-secure safe blokked by user

On the PC my child knows how to switch off F-secure.

Is it possible to lock the F-Secure Safe program ? Like only  password will allow entry to program ?

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Hansvz,  

The best way to prevent your child to turn F-secure SAFE off is to create a new child account for your PC's for kid's. You can find the steps how to create new account for windows machine. By doing so, your kid's need admin password to change anything on child profile. 

Click here to know more about create a local account on windows 10. 

• Hansvz
    Hansvz Posts: 3 Observer

Thank you for the fast reply.

I understand what you mean but I would still like to know if it is possible to "protect" F-secure.

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Hansvz,

Thank you for providing us your valuable thoughts. The feature available in an our earler version has been removed with our current version of F-secure program for some security reason.  And F-secure has decided to use Windows accounts, because with administrative rights you can do pretty much anything on a machine, rendering somehow parental control obsolete as it can anyway be bypassed.  

So that feature you are looking for, will most likely not be possible to implement. 

• Hansvz
    Hansvz Posts: 3 Observer

Thanks for the reply and it's a pity that this option is no longer available.

Hansvz

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Hansvz wrote:

Thanks for the reply and it's a pity that this option is no longer available.

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only an F-Secure user (their home solutions).

Maybe 'yes' - such option is good thing; but while we talk about kids profiles -> it is indeed more nice to use 'restricted' Windows system account (rather than Administrator account for kids use).

When there is 'restricted' system account -> access to F-Secure critical settings is protected by main system account (need to know password or pin-code; or so). It is already kind of protection against changing settings or disabling F-Secure. In addition, restricted account with some other good points for kids use.

But if there will be protection for F-Secure by 'password' (as suggested) and Administrator-accounts -> kids with abilities to install any(?) software or even to create another user account; and so on. So, bypass F-Secure (by own steps) will be with much more wide landscape view.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info