F secure internet security unable to update.

Aspirant

F secure internet security unable to update.

I was using Eset Smart security for last 5-6 yrs and never faced any problem & jst for change i brought F-secure internet security cd.

First of all when i tried to install f secure IS using cd, was surprised to find that they didn't provide offline installer.I had never came acrossd such thing earlier.

So i carried on with the F secure online installer which every time stuck at 31% & ultimately close saying no internet connection..

After i googled that problem and came across many solution.Then i updated my windows with all the patches and tried another shot at f secure.

AHH..atleast it installed now...but new surprise not a single antivirus componet working...unable to scan any file ....

Tried to update ..yeah it updated may engine like Deepguard,Gerimi,antivirus,hydra...but still unable to scan file.

Now when i try to update, downloading proceds to 9-10% n ends saying update failed..

Its sucks..pathetic software...There no internet connection prob..

f secure.png

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser

Re: F secure internet security unable to update.

It's possible that there may be a conflict with other security software, or perhaps the installation didn't go as it should have, due to a previous failed installation.  Did you remove Eset fully, using their uninstall / removal tool?  If not, I would suggest running it, as that may remove any debris left behind.

I would then suggest using the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to fully remove F-Secure, and start again with a clean installation.  

VZR
Scholar

Hi

I have a bit similar problem, but it occurred on 29.12.2015, after I was using succesfully software for 1,5 months. I made no changes to system or add any conflicting softwares. Suddenly the autoupdate stopped working.

I have removed the F-secure twice and re-installed the program twice. No other virusscanners in use.

After last installation the programm said that not enough driver space for updates... Is 70Gt´s enough?

I have posted a ticket on 6.1.2016 and no response. 

Superuser

I've no idea if these will help, but there are a couple of support tools on this page, which might be worth running:

https://www.f-secure.com/en_GB/web/home_gb/support-tools

I was thinking specifically of the FSAUA-reset Tool - a tool to reset F-Secure Automatic Update Agent (FSAUA), followed by the fsdbupdate utility, which updates all databases (Antivirus, Spyware, Spam, Parental, etc) for F-Secure products running on Windows.

Don't see that it could do any harm to try them.

Highlighted
Aspirant

I reinstalled it twice but problem remains same. It is unable to update itself and none of its antivirus component is working.

I also used fsdbupdate but still problem remains .Almost wsted by 2GB data pack on this crap.

I think its better to switch back to eset.

VZR
Scholar

Hi

Unable to boot the AUA-agent, following log message comes:

"2016-01-14 18:32:12.221 []  I: ***  LOGGING STARTED  *** (UTC+2:00, session: 0x3)
2016-01-14 18:32:12.221 [0]  I: reset_guts2: GUTS2 RESET TOOL ver (2.0 build 128) was run
2016-01-14 18:32:12.226 [] *E: init_aua_api: Failed to initialize AUA API
2016-01-14 18:32:12.226 [] *E: reset_guts2: Failed to initialize AUA API
2016-01-14 18:32:12.226 []  I: ***  LOGGING ENDED  ***"

Any other suggestions?

I am a bit frustrated for not taking my service request forward by F-secure. F-secure Customer Center has too long waiting minutes and no response on calls. It is absolutelly unforgettable way of handling protective software licences and paying customers.

Community Manager

Hi @VZR,

I have highlighted about your post and the respective case opened to our Support team. One of our support team member should get back to you soon regarding this issue.

I am sorry to hear about your frustation; I hope our support can assist you further in order to resolve your issue.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
VZR
Scholar

Hi
Thanks. Your product is fair good, but this error solving with current methods is not reasonable for average user.

Like mentioned re-installation does not work. Maybe I got a virus or something, which is blocking the auto update?
Community Manager

Hi VZR,

Have you tried running our F-Secure Online Scanner to check for any infections on your computer?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
VZR
Scholar

Hi
This case was solved updating the system to Windows 10 and using removal tool. Thanks for the F-Secure local contact center for sending tools & help.