F-secure Safe

I have F-secure Safe and was wondering if it has a firewall and virus protection or wether i should upgrade to another F-secure product.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    It certainly has virus protection, and Deepguard monitors applications for malicious activity, but it utilises Windows Firewall as it doesn't have it's own firewall.
  • johnboy412000
    johnboy412000 Posts: 6 New Member

Thankyou for that.Its safer protection than F-secure internet security then. :) 

• Simon

It's essentially the same. :)

If you want an additional layer of protection, I would recommend Malwarebytes, which will run alongside FS, and can offer protection against certain things, like adware, which FS doesn't.

www.malwarebytes.org

• johnboy412000

Thankyou for that ill give it a try :) 

• redvet
    redvet Posts: 40 Explorer
    I have FS Internet Security installed which is due for renewal shortly. If I only have 1 PC to cover is it best to stick with IS and do you recommend Malwarebytes for FSIS also ? thanks.
  • Simon
    In terms of protection, I don't think SAFE offers anything over and above FSIS. What it does is bring everything together if you're licensing multiple devices.

MWB will work fine with FSIS.
  • redvet
    redvet Posts: 40 Explorer

Tks for prompt response. I have been considering other options due to some negative feedback regarding FS Firewall but don't have enough knowledge to take it all in.

• johnboy412000

Ive downloaded and bought Malwarebytes and its working a treat.It cleared a lot of stuff off my system.Its well worth the £17.95p for a years subscription.Together with FSS gives me peace of mind for around £43 per year. :)

• Simon
    The firewall issue has been discussed a lot before. Personally, I feel that the product would be more complete if it did have its own Firewall, but in recent Windows versions, the Windows Firewall is much improved on older versions, so the non-inclusion of a firewall in FSIS isn't a deal breaker for me.
  • johnboy412000

I dont really understand it all.But i was concerned when all of a sudden Windows Defender just decided to shut down and wont re start.

• johnboy412000
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info