F-secure SAFE - no internet connection

Novice

F-secure SAFE - no internet connection

Hi guys,

I cant finish my F-secure Safe setup. It keep sending message "No internet connection". But internet is working just fine.

I am using Windows 10, and Windows diffender is off.

Any tips please?

4 REPLIES 4
Superuser

Re: F-secure SAFE - no internet connection

Hello,

Maybe it is good to know -> which step will trigger such notification.

For example, from first (at launch installer) or during latest steps of installation.

Also, good to re-check that there is not installed any third-party firewalls or some other security software with abilities to prevent/block/filter network connections. For example, some of F-Secure domains or URLs.

Also, good to re-check potential points about system proxy configuration. But, probably, installer should handle it normally.

Thanks!

Novice

It happened during the installation process.

At the end of installation window appears "F-secure setup", but with notification "No internet connection. Could not connect to the server..." (PrtSc attached)Picture1.jpg

Proxy is off, and no other firewall applications are intalled on PC.

Highlighted
Superuser

Hello,

So, maybe there are some internal troubles with F-Secure servers. And with try to retrieve license information or load "Login page" (if your installer with view like "NetworkInstaller.exe" and not like "NetworkInstaller_bundled_licence_key.exe").

For example, there is such topic today:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Proxy-Error-Message/td-p/104750

And I also got the 'troubleview with portal' during try to use it (one-time) some minutes before.

I feel that it is OK to contact direct F-Secure Support Channels (chat or phone):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Otherwise -> I will try to install F-Secure SAFE on my own device as clean installation and to see if there is global trouble. But I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions) -> so.. it maybe not so useful to receive my suggestions when it is possible to ask Support Agents.

But just like clarification ask: did you see "small loader window" and then such view?

Or "small loader window" is switched to "large Welcome window" where was buttons like "Install it/Start" and its switched to noted trouble window?

Thanks!

// with my tries was possible to perform installation (looks like). So, maybe there are some local reasons for such situation and likely that Support Agents with abilities to re-check it with certified steps.

Novice

I saw "small loader window" and then this view. Installation seamed ok till this last screen appeared.

I will contact support directly.

Tnx for the help.