F-secure IS 2107 and MBAM 3.0: real-time protection, settings ?

NRG1XX
NRG1XX Posts: 12 New Member
hi
i'm currently running "F-Secure 2017" and "Malwarebytes Anti Malware 2.2.1.1043 premium"  on my 3 laptops (win 7 and win 8.1). The real-time protection of MBAM is enabled and i had no conflicts
with F-Secure so far. Now i want to upgrade to "Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium" and i also want to use the
real time protection of "Malwarebytes 3.0 premium". The latest version 3.0 has some brand new real-time modules therefore i don't know exactly which one i should enable/disable.

My questions are:

To have  maximum protection and to avoid conflicts with F-Secure:
which settings in Malwarebytes 3.0 do You recommend ?

Is it safe to run both programs with real-time protection enabled?

thx a lot !
greets from Germany !

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

You may wish to wait for a more technical response, but I tried running MWB 3.0 alongside F-Secure, and had nothing but problems.  Unfortunately, MWB are blaming FS, saying they should make their software compatible, and I think FS feel the same about MWB, so the last time I looked into this, which admittedly was some weeks ago, it appeared to be a bit of a stalemate.

In my own personal opinion, MWB are trying to tread on the toes of established anti-virus products, so it's hardly surprising that the AV vendors aren't going out of their way to eliminate conflicts.  MWB 2.2 was great at what it did, and didn't conflict with anything.  They should have stuck to that product, and updated it as necessary, rather than trying to expand it into other fields.  I am fairly miffed about the whole thing, myself, as I have a lifetime licence for MWB, which it looks like I won't be able to use, once they force the upgrades on everyone in June (by withdrawing support for the 2.2 version).

I will stress that all of the above is from my own experience several weeks ago, and MWB may have since released a new update for the 3.0 version, which might have eliminated some of the problems.  Even so, I don't think two anti-virus programs, running in real time, will ever play nicely together on one machine.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info