F-secure IS 2106 and Zemana anti malware: real-time protection ?

Hi,

I'm using F-secure internet security already since 2 or 3 years. Some guys on a security related board recommended me to use also a second security software on my machine (W7 home premium):

Zemana Anti Malware. Here is the link to this software: 

https://www.zemana.com/en-US/AntiMalware

My question is:

currently i'm running Zemana Anti Malware as an "on-demand" scanner only.

Is it recommended/safe to turn on the real-time protection of Zemana Anti Malware ?

Should i expect any conflicts/issues when running both programms in real-time mode ? 

Thanks a lot !

Greets from Germany !

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Generally, you should expect conflicts from two similar programs running in real time. I can't comment specifically on Zemana, other than to say I've never heard of it, but one anti-malware product which has proven to be compatible to F-Secure, is Malwarebytes.
  • Lord_Ami
    Lord_Ami Posts: 70 Active Engager
    I've been using these products side-by-side for quite some time. Haven't noticed any conflicts.

ZAM is considered "co-antivirus" product.
  • Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

How I can to remember... previously there was small troubles between them.

But maybe this is was some kind of "fixed" by some of solutions.

But anyway....  I think that certain real-time protection feature can to create just small improve-points there and much more potential troubles.

But this is just my opinion (and as example - I also think that Malwarebytes also marked as compatible just for MBAM.  With meanings... that MBAM developers can to think that MBAM will be work with systems, where F-Secure installed.

But I not sure that there have list of compatibility F-Secure with MBAM (like F-Secure will be certainly properly work with systems, where MBAM installed; I have some of experience with troubles between them and potentially "troubleplaces" for proper protection.. when they both installed. But this is also maybe fixed after that).

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info