F-safe bypassed with Split Screen/Multiwindow on Xiaomi Android

Hi,

I bought a xiaomi redmi note 5 pro phone for my daughter and bought the Timprotect app powered by F-Secure.
Today I discovered that despite having imposed limitations my daughter was using apps simply by enabling multiscreen.
In this way the main window is blocked by F-Safe message while in the second window it is possible to use any app.
I hope there is a solution because otherwise this app is useless

Comments

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @bart75,

I found the similar thread , and our develompent team aware of this issue and still working on it.  Currently there is no workaround nor ETA for the release for the fix. As for now, the best we advise you to turn off the screen pinning and lock the settings app to avoid the children from bypassing the time limit.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

As for now, the best we advise you to turn off the screen pinning and lock the settings app to avoid the children from bypassing the time limit

Sorry for my reply.

Does there any known recommended steps to lock the settings app?

And does it possible to do with system functionality or need to install third-party application. If second one option - does it possible to request such functionality for F-Secure application?

Thanks!

• Sethu
    Sethu Posts: 687 Forum Champion

Hello @Ukko

Since its easy to enable/disble the Splict scren feature through settings, the secure way is installing the third party app to stop accessing the Settings. 

There are few apps are available such as App Lock which let you selectively lock-down particular apps (which would include the Phone Settings app). 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info