F-Secure with Comodo Firewall?

Prior to installing F-Secure I had Comodo Firewall installed and runing on my Windows 7 system. the F-Secure installation forced me to uninstall the Comodo Firewall and left me with Windows Firewall, which a security risk of its own. My question is: Can I reinstall the Comodo Firewall now that F-Secure is installed and running? 

Comments

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

If you are running F-Secure Internet Security it's not recommended to run 2 software firewalls together.

F-Secure IS uses Windows Firewall for basic firewall functionality and its DeepGuard for application control; http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security-for-PC/What-has-happened-to-the/ta-p/15392

However, F-Secure AntiVirus has no firewall so I assume that you could potentially run Comodo FW with this version.

However as you know Comodo's firewall is more than a simple firewall so you might still find it is incompatible with the standalone F-Secure AV.

So overall you could try the F-Secure Antivirus with Comodo or run F-Secure IS without Comodo. Your call. 

If you could report back with your findings that would be very useful to other potential users thinking about these combinations.

And welcome to the Forum.

• Rusli
    Rusli Posts: 1,012 Influencer

If you intend to use F-Secure Internet Security 2014, you cannot install another firewall program. Because it still using the Windows Firewall Intergrated program.

If you still want to use Comodo firewall, I suggesting (like what blackcat says) to use F-Secure Antivirus.

• Thanks to all for the replay. I have installed the F-Secure through my ISP (Charter Communication). Charter brands the F-Secure, which means they replace most of the F-Secure refrences with its name. And as it  usually happens, by doing it, Charter confuses the hell out of its custommers, and I am putting it lightly. Anyway,  becuase of the branding I can only infer that it is F-Secure AntyViruse and not the Internet Security. 

So, I decided to install Comodo Firewall after all.  Comodo and F-Secure seem to be working fine except for one minor point. Installation of Comodo turned off Windows Firewall, which is to be expected. What is not expected is that F-Secure sees the Windows Firewall turned off and thinks that there is no firewall running at all, resulting in 'Unprodected' status displayed in F-Secure. 

If I go to the Windows 'Config Pannel-> Windows Firewall' I can see that Windows Firewall is 'Off'' and that there is no reference to Comodo Firewall being 'On'. Is that to be expected?

I am also confused by F-Secure's insistance on Windows Firewall. Does not make sense on so many levels, specially as it comes to the security aspect. It almost looks like a backdoor, as crude as it is. What gives?

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

What is not expected is that F-Secure sees the Windows Firewall turned off and thinks that there is no firewall running at all, resulting in 'Unprodected' status displayed in F-Secure. 

If I go to the Windows 'Config Pannel-> Windows Firewall' I can see that Windows Firewall is 'Off'' and that there is no reference to Comodo Firewall being 'On'. Is that to be expected?"

These observations are not normal.

Can you post a screenshot of the main GUI and the "About" Window from the program.

If your program is branded as "Charter Security Suite" then you probably have The Internet Security Suite and not the AV; if so this may explain your error windows.

Capture.GIF

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info