Since 3 weeks, I try together with the F-Secure support to solve my problem of not receiving any updates. The history was:
The status of my database entries are all on "waiting for updates". In parallel I observed in the update windows, that the date of last update check is moving very fast and to very bizare dates: I got last update checks in 2006, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2026, 2077, etc.
Does somebody of you already had a seemless problem?
Best regards and thany you for support
Problem fixed! I did the following steps:
1) uninstalled FSIS 2013 from control panel
2) used the installer from ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/
4) manually cleaned up windows registry from all relevant F-Secure entries - this is only for advanced users...
5) installed FSIS 2013 again but without the real-time network option
6) finished installation and configuration
7) updated the virus definitions...
Thanks to all having posted replies to my problem. A combination of lots of your inputs solved my problem!
Have you try one of these.
Check the readme files first.
Uninstall and reboot.
There must be something that is conflicting.
With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:
Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue
I opened a ticket 4 weeks ago, but except uninstalling, new installation and changing the dns-server settings I did not got any other help... :-(
Could you provide to me the SRID so that I can take a look at the case?
Sure you can get it: SR ID:1-529190989, but the exchange was mainly in German, hope you get the content. Summary:
- I tried to use the DNS-server of google => no success
- I completely removed Internet Security incl. registry-clean up
- re-installed F-secure, but still the problem of no updates persists...
With regards to your problem, I have created a new SRID for your reference. I will be analysing the case and update you as soon as possible. The new SRID: 1-533360136.
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions