F-Secure seems blocked (Win 10)

Hi!

I installed F-Secure SAFE on my brand new ASUS FX502V with Win 10. The program doesn't wan to run. Could it be that Windows Defender blocks it? I tried adding F-Secure to the accepted programs for the Firewall but to no avail. Any suggestions? Or do you need more info?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Parham
    Parham Posts: 103 Enthusiast

Hi tornas.

i suggest you to use F-Secure Chat support from this link: https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

an Agent will be there( for now only weekdays mon-friday ) to help you by the mentioned issue.
    they will asist you by using Remote Connection if be necessary.

• Graham3
    Graham3 Posts: 1 New Member

I seem to be having a similiar problem following a recent update 27-06-17 at it won't install. Gets to 75% and then wants a restart. I don this and the same problem over again. F-Secure anti-virus isn't working and I can't enable it. Thankfully I have Window Defender as a back up. I have tried calling the F-Secure Chat support but hung up after being on hold for 4 minutes. The online support isn't avaible either. F-Secure sucks. 

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Graham3 wrote:

I seem to be having a similiar problem following a recent update 27-06-17 at it won't install. Gets to 75% and then wants a restart. I don this and the same problem over again. F-Secure anti-virus isn't working and I can't enable it. Thankfully I have Window Defender as a back up. I have tried calling the F-Secure Chat support but hung up after being on hold for 4 minutes. The online support isn't avaible either. F-Secure sucks. 

Hello,

Probably there should be difference between your trouble and topic starter's trouble;

Since your description sounds more like "not completed installation";

And "75% stuck" should be about "Compatibility checks" (as removing/sidegrade);

So - if there is stuck -> does F-Secure installation inform (with first try) about any "not compatible" software and tips that it will be autoremoved (?!); If yes (but it not removed) - maybe you able manually re-check about installed software (if there is something else); It possible that you installed security software during your previous installation, but with "fresh upgrade" compatibility-checks is re-run;

If not - maybe there is kind of "trouble" with upgrade-flow. Since there available such topic:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-Safe-new-version/td-p/96994

Which more sounds as your situation;

With my own experience -> my F-Secure SAFE installation still did not get Upgrade. So - I do not able to feel about potential troubles;

Also -> on current time - looks like F-Secure Support chat is available (or not) - but it should be possible to use eventually:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

And maybe your stuck can be sorted by using "F-Secure Uninstallation Tool" and optionally manually remove some folders/registry-keys about "F-Secure"-keyword (if trouble based on F-Secure-side); But good to try it after "cancel" current installation-try; Just as potential your own workaround steps;

Thanks!

tornas wrote:

Hi!

I installed F-Secure SAFE on my brand new ASUS FX502V with Win 10. The program doesn't wan to run. Could it be that Windows Defender blocks it? I tried adding F-Secure to the accepted programs for the Firewall but to no avail. Any suggestions? Or do you need more info?

Many thanks!

Hello,

If F-Secure Support Chat/phone will be not available (or useful) with your situation --> sorry for my ask - but what do you mean about "program doesn't wan to run":

--> F-Secure SAFE is installed under system, but tray-picture (and just software) not launched with system load?

--> F-Secure SAFE is installed and there visible tray-picture/desktop-logo, but not possible to open UI or run scan or something like this?

--> or F-Secure SAFE is not installed (?!);

How I able to understand -> ASUS FX502V is laptop; And with my own experience (some of fresh laptops Windows 8/10) -> it can be with pre-installed software. With my own experience -> one of such security software (by McAfee) was a reason for proper run installation F-Secure SAFE/IS/AV;

Even if it removed/uninstalled - required to use their McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (before try to install F-Secure); Also if there is fresh system installation - maybe there can be some dependencies about system libraries or so (which F-Secure able to use); Good to re-check that Windows with fresh updates;

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info