F-Secure on iMac

Superuser

Re: F-Secure on iMac

The online chat has been a bit hit and miss lately.  It might be easier to drop a support ticket in, just to get some clarification.  :)

Scholar

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but how does a support ticket work? When I click on that tab it takes me to the Support page for online support (as tried) and community support which is how I got this thread started. Is it simply the Request Support tab which takes me to an e-mail support request.

Jim

Superuser

Yes, that's right.  Fill in the form with as much detail as you can, then send it off and you should get an acknowledgement with an SR-ID number.  Keep hold of that, and they should reply properly in due course.

Scholar

I'll do that now. Although I'm 'fairly sure' I'm protected alright, that greyed-out line worries me a bit so I'd like to have it clarified for certain. Thanks for all your help. 

F-Secure

Hi jimnorah,

Just checking in to make sure you got things sorted... Did you end up submitting a support ticket to receive an official answer to this issue? Please let us know what you found out!

// Chrissy
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Hi.

Yes, I did submit a report which stated: 'it seems that your status of the security on your Mac shows protected. It is normal that the font on the F-Secure Anti Virus for Mac were bolded black'.

Although I'm still a little concerned that the line 'your computer is proteced' is greyed-out I have to take them at their word and believe it IS protected. 

Many thanks and a Happy New Year to all!

Jim Knox