F-Secure loaded but no protection

Visitor

F-Secure loaded but no protection

Put in new key and downloaded F-Secure to my IMac but  have no F-Secure protection even though it says the instillation is installed. What has gone wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Superuser

Re: F-Secure loaded but no protection

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm only F-Secure user (their home solutions). And I'm not friendly with Mac-platform.

But just as potential suggestion:

There was some known troubles like these ones:

But maybe it should be fixed already; And if not -> maybe good to re-check such meanings.

If there is something else -> maybe good to add more information:

- "no F-Secure protection" is system notification? Or own F-Secure prompt? Or how it visible that F-Secure with troubles (!?).

-  does it works before your fresh key (?) and potential reinstallation? Or it is clean installation?

Thanks!

Visitor

Hi thanks for your reply and help. However these solutions did not work☹️ This problem happens every time I renew my license. When the application was loaded it said that I have a license for 3 items. Now it says I have none left now. It still says oops error something has gone wrong and you’re computer is not protected. I have tried the chat room but there is never anyone there to get help.

The last time this happened F-Secure had to take over my computer to fix this problem.

Superuser

Hello,

But just as clarification:

-> does it F-Secure SAFE?

or maybe "F-Secure AV for Mac" (where you do not use any of things like "My F-Secure Account"-portal)?

or another solution like F-Secure Freedome (but if so - should not be words about "protection" maybe).

Thanks!

Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your help again. 

My IMac now says I have no licence. I have now given up. 😤

Superuser

@Snowy18 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your help again. 

My IMac now says I have no licence. I have now given up. 😤

So, maybe it will be useful to contact their direct Support Channels (chat as example):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

when chat is available -> most likely that Support Agents with abilities to provide remote help (if needed).

As my own unofficial temporary suggestion:

-> If it is F-Secure SAFE: should be possible to login into your "My F-Secure Account";

And then handle 'unused' licenced (or release them).

-> If it is F-Secure AV for Mac: maybe it should be with 'release'-functionality. Like if it will ask you that "all licences in use -> maybe it is good to re-use some of them?!" or so.

OR did you mean that -> installation does not recognize/allow your activation-key (licence)?

If so -> maybe your experience indeed about "F-Secure AV for Mac" and maybe with certain MacOS.

There was such topic:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/Anti-Virus-does-not-work-after/m-p/103332

Maybe good to re-check "system requirements" for your solution and your system information.

Or maybe your experience about another solution (F-Secure Freedome VPN, for example).

Sorry for my worst help.

Thanks!

Visitor

Thanks for all your help🙂
Community Manager

Hi @Snowy18,

Were you able to get in touch with our support team? Or were you able to resolve the issue through Ukko's steps?

Could you please let us know which F-Secure product are you referring here? Is it SAFE or Freedome?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Visitor

Hi,

It is f-secure safe. Yes I finally managed to chat to someone who was very helpful. However what he had advised me to do what I had already done.

I managed to fix the problem myself. I took the application off of my IMac and put it in the bin. I then retrieve it from the bin. I then downloaded  the program back onto my  IMac. I now have protection for my IMac, IPad and 1 left which I will use for my iPhone. 

I have used f-secure for many years. When I had a laptop and had windows I never had problems renewing f-secure. But since changing to a IMac I always have problems renewing f-secure. Why is this? It would also be helpful if there was an email address to email for support when you can’t get to chat with someone . It took many days to be able to chat with someone.