F-Secure contextual scan menu icon missing

Superuser

Re: F-Secure contextual scan menu icon missing

Hello,

So.. maybe I not check all of AV/Security software. I just checked and use (also for check) some, which can be interesting for me. It's about... OK... twenty various company probably (if it's important... I can to create private letter.. with list of them...) or maybe more.

My dreams about "context-scan picture" same with your dreams. And I also wrote.. that most of companies have that.

But during my latest experience with some of another security-software.. time to time... I thought: "OK. Current company also without scan-picture under context-menu. F-Secure - not alone with current practice". It was about not more, than five companies maybe. Of course, it's "small" piece... but something as "F-Secure does not just one".

Also.. some companies (and you certainly have experience with them) have feature about "disabled" context-scan-string under menu (simply disabled). It's also can be strange practice, but have with some companies (here already will be without full feature.. not just "view").

----------------------------

And FS Protection it's just such as beta or technology preview. It will be not replaced as name probably.

It's mean... when F-Secure IS or F-Secure SAFE goes to be "ready" for upgrade (2015 to next version of 2015; or 2015 to next version) -> all features comes here. It's mean context-scan-picture should be come with next (?) upgrade of stable-version.

Basically F-Secure SAFE more related with FS Protection, than F-Secure IS.

F-Secure SAFE with my opinion can to replace F-Secure IS. Because basically it's same things for users, but more helpful such as "to use and multi-devices practice" (F-Secure SAFE - you able to get information from website). Probably with any variants... if F-Secure IS will be "dropped" as solution.... F-Secure able to provide "variants to transfer license under F-Secure SAFE".

Superuser

F-Secure would be the best ones to clarify this, but I believe the stand alone IS product will remain available, at least for as long as your current licence runs for. What will happen in the long term isn't for me to speculate on.
Superuser

Like addition.

F-Secure provided current document (.pdf) as explanation about lifecycle of solutions.

Maybe here can be information, which can be an answer for you (such as.... should be support for IS known limits of time). Without any other "background"-points.

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/supported-products

Aspirant

Have you tried to scan a folder or a file with contex scan menu? With an icon, it's more simple and intuitive to find the option! In context menu there are more icons of various softwares, and Windows related funcions. It takes a aeons to find F-Secure with ONLY the voice "analyze with". In FS Protection beta, the icon is present. I don't understand why in IS not. I hope in future service pack.

Superuser

---------

In FS Protection beta, the icon is present. I don't understand why in IS not. I hope in future service pack.

---------

This is probably some kind of "new" feature (added recently and just under FS Protection, which related with tp/beta-points - how it was with description from one of community-topics).

Simply Stable version of F-Secure IS (as part of F-Secure SAFE and FS Protection as potential technology preview for this) released before. Maybe next "service pack" update/upgrade for stable-version will be with current "feature" already. Simply.. need to wait.

But also.. maybe it's will be with limitations (about where it will be). With picture - of course - better and not so hard to "get" string about "scan it".  But also with my experience.. without picture.. usually current string under "one position" for each type of files/folders - and it's also not so hard.. after some days use. But picture more visible - of course.